Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This site is called MacRumors, not MacFacts yet most of the rumors posted here are treated as fact. I don't get it.

Exactly. Everyone is so quick to believe whatever is posted. Even though it's all 'unnamed sources', 'possibly', 'might be'. And the classic game of claiming something and then claiming there was an issue right before we are going to find out that it wasn't correct.

A highly reliable source at re/code says the new iPhones will be announced Sept 9 and we're supposed to believe

That that date is correct. Much less anything else. After all, Apple didn't say it and Apple is the only truly reliable source.

Yes the date fits their typical practice. But then again, releasing an iPhone in early summer was their typical pattern and they broke it. Releasing the iPad in March was typical and they broke that. And so on.

----------

Cook might have been some kind of parts supply guru, but he's obviously not great at managing production.

Two of your examples are just as much rumor as everything else. Which is why they are 'apparently' and 'reportedly'.

The only thing that you got correct was the mixture issue and that was one time. One confirmed time. The rest is just rumor which might be true and might be some rumor monger covering his butt

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I guess what Apple really meant with "'Can't innovate' my ass!" was actually "'Can't make it thinner!' my ass!". Because that's pretty much Apple's plans for iPhone innovation: make it slightly faster, slightly thinner and with a slightly better camera, and call it "revolutionary".

...and your point is...?

Apple has innovated quite a bit in making the phone thinner. They've revolutionized display technology, they STILL have the best fingerprint reader on the market, and their A7 in the iPhone 5s absolutely decimates ANY Android headset when it comes to single threaded performance (since the vast majority of apps can only use a single core).

Just because YOU don't care about thinness doesn't mean that no one else should. What an incredibly simple-minded point of view. And you act as if they are going back on some entitlement they owe you. I'm sure that if they didn't make the phone thinner, you'd be whining and screaming on here about how thick the phone is :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Okay so there's another leak of an alleged iPhone. The antenna lines look thinner than any we've seen before. But the top part looks odd, like there's a metal ridge going across the top. I can't tell if it's a groove notched out that's not filled in or if that whole part will be filled in with some other material like glass or sapphire. Something about it gives off this vibe that it's not a finished product. The camera, especially looks odd.

19t3yr.jpg

Dilster3k

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2014
Okay so there's another leak of an alleged iPhone. The antenna lines look thinner than any we've seen before. But the top part looks odd, like there's a metal ridge going across the top. I can't tell if it's a groove notched out that's not filled in or if that whole part will be filled in with some other material like glass or sapphire. Something about it gives off this vibe that it's not a finished product. The camera, especially looks odd.

Mate you do know that that's a mock-up right? It was stated so in all reports about those images.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.