Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I have a pending support case with Apple on an iCloud Mail issue. The case has been escalated to a department that wants to call me to resolve the issue.

They have called many times. I am supposed to press the 1 key on the keypad to accept the call.

Trouble is, they don't "hear" the keypress and eventually hang up and call again 15 minutes later.

I have tried to re-engage with Apple Support via chat, but since I have a pending phone call, chat is no longer an option.

I have a US Skype number that I think would work, but when setting up a phone call Apple insists on using the country code (66) of Thailand, where I live. There is no option to enter my US Skype number with a US country code.

So, what now?

Mikey44

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2012
One of the things you could try is locating a video that has the touch tone numbers, and play it into the microphone. It doesn’t matter if it comes from your keypad or not, but that’s an option.

You may have already gotten this figured out, but hope it helps.

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
Thank you. I may have to try this.

However, in the mean time I discovered that with Apple's Support app I was able to initiate a chat. That representative gave me a few phone numbers I could call myself to follow up on the existing case. I'm just waiting for the correct time zone to roll around.

Reactions: Mikey44
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.