Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
I sent my six year-old 2014 MBP into Apple Support (Houston address) for a battery replacement, and it arrived on November 2nd. The Repair Status screen says "Our technicians are working on your product. We'll notify you when the repair has been completed."

And then nothing from Apple for....16 days now?

What is going on?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I sent my six year-old 2014 MBP into Apple Support (Houston address) for a battery replacement, and it arrived on November 2nd. The Repair Status screen says "Our technicians are working on your product. We'll notify you when the repair has been completed."

And then nothing from Apple for....16 days now?

What is going on?
Have you tried calling?

Reactions: rneglia

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
That might be a good thing. Maybe they cannot fix it and will offer you the current model at a substantial discount. It has happened before.
Let's hope! As for now, I've been without a computer for a full three weeks with what was supposed to be a simple battery replacement.

rneglia

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
To everyone following this thread. My computer was apparently repaired and is Out for Delivery today, so I guess they just repaired it without incident? I'll circle back for a final update once I have it back in my possession.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
To everyone following this thread. My computer was apparently repaired and is Out for Delivery today, so I guess they just repaired it without incident? I'll circle back for a final update once I have it back in my possession.
Did they restore the OS? It seems that's standard for every repair which doesn't make much sense, in-store they don't touch anything related to the OS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.