Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is widely expected to release new iPad Air and OLED iPad Pro models in the next few weeks. According to new rumors coming out of Asia, the company will announce its new iPads on Tuesday, March 26.

When-To-Expect-New-iPads-Feature-1.jpg

Chinese leaker Instant Digital on Weibo this morning claimed that the date will see some sort of announcement from Apple related to new iPads, but stopped short of calling it an official launch date. Instead, Apple could announce pre-order availability, with shipping dates to follow.

Separately, Chinese website IT Home claimed that March 26 will see Apple release new iPads. However, the outlet appears to have interpreted this as a launch date based on when several Amazon listings for third-party protective cases for the new iPads go live, rather than specific information from a trusted source.

According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple plans to release new iPad Pro and iPad Air models around the end of March or in April. That said, the well-connected reporter now seems to be leaning more towards the possibility of an April release.

Writing in the latest subscriber edition of his Power On newsletter, Gurman said he wanted to clear up confusion about when he believed Apple would release new iPads (specifically new iPad Pro models).

Gurman reiterated that a new variant of iPadOS 17.4 designed for the updated models won't be complete until the end of March or even sometime in April. "Once the OS is finished, Apple needs to send it off to the factories to be installed on the new hardware. That process could last a couple weeks, probably taking us deeper into next month," he wrote.

Two new iPad Pro models are expected to feature a new M3 chip, OLED displays, a thinner enclosure, a landscape-oriented front camera, a redesigned camera bump, and possibly MagSafe wireless charging.

The two new iPad Air models are expected to feature Apple's M2 chip and a landscape-oriented front camera, including a first-ever 12.9-inch model.

Other announcements expected in the March-April window include a new Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro with a larger trackpad, and a new Apple Pencil.

Gurman previously ruled out an Apple Event for the new iPads. Instead, he believes they will be announced in a press release on the Apple Newsroom website, like the new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air models were earlier this month.

Article Link: Apple to Announce New iPads on March 26, Rumors Claim

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: SurferPup

Aiii83

macrumors member
May 13, 2021
Was hoping for this week, but at least I can save myself the trouble of refreshing Newsroom twenty times a day. Looking forward to going back to 11-inch from 12.9 now that it finally gets the proper screen, I've used the (M1) 12.9-inch with pleasure, but I never fully got used to the size. Prefer the smaller form factor.

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Sounds legit to me. They may not ship immediately; kind of like the way iPhones are announced. Apple announces on a Tuesday, pre-orders on Friday, arriving in customer's hands the following Friday? Either way, Apple could also be timing the announcement as a response to Microsoft's surface event (not to be upstaged).

wib

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2013
Oh, I hope it's true! I'm looking forward to seeing them (and probably buying one)!

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I wish my eyes didn’t strain when using OLED displays, because the 11” M2 iPad Pro is currently my most used device. So I would buy this M3 or even the upcoming M4 iPad Pro in a heartbeat. But my ocular health comes first.

Reactions: bondr006

Remy149

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2016
13" OLED iPad Pro sounds so tempting that I might upgrade despite the fact that I'm not a dedicated iPad user

I’m still using a 2018 iPad Pro I promised myself I was upgrading this year no matter what. I use mine daily as a consumption device but also as a notebook for work notes. My hybrid work schedule makes it the most convenient tool for work notes.

Someyoungguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2012
My old point and shoot cameras and broken garage remotes are perfectly fine living in the drawer with my existing iPad. I don’t know what they’re for anymore, or why I bought three of them over the years, except that iPhones were 3.5” and streaming TVs weren’t ubiquitous, and they didn’t approach the cost of a MacBook.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
I’ll be set for this year’s Back-To-School sale in June:

US$899 / CA$1229 & US$849 edu / CA$1159 edu base model 11.x” OLED with new 256 GB base storage tier.

Last edited:

Logic368

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I wish my eyes didn’t strain when using OLED displays, because the 11” M2 iPad Pro is currently my most used device. So I would buy this M3 or even the upcoming M4 iPad Pro in a heartbeat. But my ocular health comes first.
Do you know why it is? PWM? Weird subpixel layout?

b99g51

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016

Apple is widely expected to release new iPad Air and OLED iPad Pro models in the next few weeks. According to new rumors coming out of Asia, the company will announce its new iPads on Tuesday, March 26.

When-To-Expect-New-iPads-Feature-1.jpg

Chinese leaker Instant Digital on Weibo this morning claimed that the date will see some sort of announcement from Apple related to new iPads, but stopped short of calling it an official launch date. Instead, Apple could announce pre-order availability, with shipping dates to follow.

Separately, Chinese website IT Home claimed that March 26 will see Apple release new iPads. However, the outlet appears to have interpreted this as a launch date based on when several Amazon listings for third-party protective cases for the new iPads go live, rather than specific information from a trusted source.

According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, Apple plans to release new iPad Pro and iPad Air models around the end of March or in April. That said, the well-connected reporter now seems to be leaning more towards the possibility of an April release.

Writing in the latest subscriber edition of his Power On newsletter, Gurman said he wanted to clear up confusion about when he believed Apple would release new iPads (specifically new iPad Pro models).

Gurman reiterated that a new variant of iPadOS 17.4 designed for the updated models won't be complete until the end of March or even sometime in April. "Once the OS is finished, Apple needs to send it off to the factories to be installed on the new hardware. That process could last a couple weeks, probably taking us deeper into next month," he wrote.

Two new iPad Pro models are expected to feature a new M3 chip, OLED displays, a thinner enclosure, a landscape-oriented front camera, a redesigned camera bump, and possibly MagSafe wireless charging.

The two new iPad Air models are expected to feature Apple's M2 chip and a landscape-oriented front camera, including a first-ever 12.9-inch model.

Other announcements expected in the March-April window include a new Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro with a larger trackpad, and a new Apple Pencil.

Gurman previously ruled out an Apple Event for the new iPads. Instead, he believes they will be announced in a press release on the Apple Newsroom website, like the new 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Air models were earlier this month.

Article Link: Apple to Announce New iPads on March 26, Rumors Claim
I’m not sure if it means anything at all, but I’ve got an email from the Apple saying Hello developer March 2024, that includes 4 geographic regions. One of them is in Cupertino. But when I checked the Apple website, I didn’t see anything about this “Hello developer March 2024” thing. I wonder if anyone else has received the same email from the Apple?

nevertheless I can’t wait until I hold the new iPad Pro in my hands. I skipped the 6th gen iPad Pro to get a major upgraded one. March 26 is around the corner. If announced at that date, possibly the release date will follow a week later for Friday April 5th.

Attachments

• IMG_2908.png
    IMG_2908.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.