Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gluckett

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2009
The part that still doesn't make sense about this is the claim that there will be a new variant of iPadOS 17.4 required, especially if the iPadOS 17.4.1 release is imminent - why wouldn't they just hold that up slightly and put the necessary changes (if there really are any needed) in there so the updates are still in sync?

Reactions: azentropy

americanguy

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2011
I´m really prepare and interested in new Air. My father´s iPar Air 2 is dying and its in horrible state. Som my take my money Apple and bring new iPad Air😀😎

MayaUser

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2021
13" OLED iPad Pro sounds so tempting that I might upgrade despite the fact that I'm not a dedicated iPad user.
devices are tools, since you are not a dedicated or need an ipad, dont buy it. oled or miniled on ipads it shouldnt be a factor for buying

Reactions: redcarlsen

anthogag

macrumors 68020
Jan 15, 2015
Canada
If you’re a zombie who uses an iPad Pro with the keyboard case why would you need wireless charging; this is what’s called a conundrum 🤪

Aiii83

macrumors member
May 13, 2021
If you’re a zombie who uses an iPad Pro with the keyboard case why would you need wireless charging; this is what’s called a conundrum 🤪
What if the keyboard case has magsafe too? Checkmate, Atheists.

canyonblue737

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2005
It feels like 2012/2013 again when people were excited about the new iPads.

at least with the Apple enthusiasts community like that here on MacRumors. I'm certainly buying an 2024 iPad Pro OLED 11 inch to replace my 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch, but with these new iPad Pros mostly coming in well over $1000 with $350+ keyboards they are a niche part of the iPad business.

Last edited:

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
The part that still doesn't make sense about this is the claim that there will be a new variant of iPadOS 17.4 required, especially if the iPadOS 17.4.1 release is imminent - why wouldn't they just hold that up slightly and put the necessary changes (if there really are any needed) in there so the updates are still in sync?
? Apple often releases devices without the latest OS. Then they get updates on the day of release. Also, sometimes new devices get OS versions specific to them, that aren't applied to other models. Furthermore even if they are announced next week, they might not be available until April.

What I wish for is a $799 iPad Pro 11" M3 256GB WiFi.

This will replace my 6yo $899 iPad Pro 11" A12X 256GB WiFi.
I wish for that too. However, I predict it will be retail $899 iPad Pro 11" M3 256 WiFi, to pay for that OLED screen, and I predict 256 GB will be the new base model, effectively increasing the base price by $100.

devices are tools, since you are not a dedicated or need an ipad, dont buy it. oled or miniled on ipads it shouldnt be a factor for buying
OLED is precisely the reason I would buy. If it's only LED LCD, I'd just get an iPad Air.

If the screen tech weren't a factor, Apple wouldn't bother with OLED, or with Mini LED for that matter.

at least with the Apple enthusiasts community like that here on MacRumors. I'm certainly buying an 2024 iPad Pro OLED 11 inch to replace my 2018 iPad Pro 11 inch, but with these new iPad Pros mostly coming in well over $1000 with $350+ keyboards they are a niche part of the iPad business.
Not sure yet, but I'd consider getting the cheaper Smart Keyboard Folio (if they release it for the new OLED iPad Pro models), partially because it's much lighter than the Magic Keyboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Christopher Kim

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
I wish my eyes didn’t strain when using OLED displays, because the 11” M2 iPad Pro is currently my most used device. So I would buy this M3 or even the upcoming M4 iPad Pro in a heartbeat. But my ocular health comes first.
How is OLED worse for your eyes than regular LED?

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
Very curious!
The iPad pro is very expensive, but I'm searching for an all-in-one solution for media consumption, drawing and note taking.
Being well inserted into the apple ecosystem, the iPad pro would be an excellent choice.
I really hope the rumour the 11" will get the OLED too is true, as I'd rather avoid the larger 12,9" size.

Reactions: NoelWalker

JippaLippa

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2013
How is OLED worse for your eyes than regular LED?
Some people have a problem with the sub-pixel arrangement of OLED (which is different from the traditional LED arrangement), leading to eye strain and headaches.
Most people don't have this problem, but a minority does.

Reactions: raybo and Populus

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Was hoping for this week, but at least I can save myself the trouble of refreshing Newsroom twenty times a day. Looking forward to going back to 11-inch from 12.9 now that it finally gets the proper screen, I've used the (M1) 12.9-inch with pleasure, but I never fully got used to the size. Prefer the smaller form factor.
Agree... went from 12.9 to 11 to Mini. Going back to 11.. it's the sweet spot

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Some people have a problem with the sub-pixel arrangement of OLED (which is different from the traditional LED arrangement), leading to eye strain and headaches.
Not just that but also the Pulse-Width-Modulation of the backlight also contributes to the eye strain.
I don’t know the particularities, but they are definitely uncomfortable for me to use, especially after several minutes. That doesn’t happen to me with regular LCD screens.

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Gotcha— thanks for the explanation! I did not know that.

Reactions: JippaLippa
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.