Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Ahead of today's special media event, Apple has once again made its "Apple Events" channel available on the Apple TV.

apple_events_september-800x411.jpg
Image credit: MacStories
Apple will also be streaming the event live on its website, and users will need to be running Safari on Mac/iOS in order to watch the stream.

Apple is expected to unveil the 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 alongside the iWatch, and will likely provide updates on iOS 8 and OS X Yosemite.

Apple's keynote kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, and MacRumors will also be providing a live blog, live tweets via the MacRumorsLive Twitter account, and a spoiler-free page for those who want to watch the full keynote at a later time.

Article Link: Apple to Provide Live Video of Today's Special Media Event on Apple TV

vp719

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2007
This may be a dumb question, but will I be able to stream it to my iPad or iPhone? I'll be away from my TV and mac all afternoon but want to be able to check in

ghettochris

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
That thumbnail is when if first noticed that the artwork on the invitation to this event is just a zoomed in part of the apple logo with a shadow off the leaf.

maabjerg

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
Looking so much forward for today's event, now only 5 hours and 56 minutes to take off. Haven't ordered pizza yet though ;)

BreuerEditor

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
New Jersey
My father's wondering if he needs safari on his PC (because he's at work) to watch the live stream? This article stated safari on Mac/iOS but nothing about PC. Anyone have an idea?

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I wonder who gets stage time today besides Tim? I'm guessing Phil (hardware), Craig (iOS 8) and Eddy (mobile payments). I hope if they have a lot of stuff to cover they don't rush through it. I thought last years 5s and iPad events were a bit subdued and Apple not on their game (especially the iPad event). But this years WWDC was fantastic. Hopefully this event will follow that (minus the rushing).

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Can't catch this at the launch time but able to 2 hours later will it be available then? Or do they have to edit/cut it and then put it back up again?

What's happened in past? Think I would rather keep away and watch it all with no knowledge previously.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2008
My father's wondering if he needs safari on his PC (because he's at work) to watch the live stream? This article stated safari on Mac/iOS but nothing about PC. Anyone have an idea?

Judging from the past, he'll need a Mac or iOS device. Today is one of the few days I take my iPad to work.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
For anyone wanting to stream the live event on a Windows computer, this is possible. You can use VLC media player to stream the event by opening the .m3u8 file from the Apple servers. Windows itself doesn't support HTTP Live Streaming, but VLC does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.