Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makaveli559m

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
That's a good start, but I think we need a major overhaul of the Patriotic Act and the FISA court. I'm glad the American public is starting to understand what us Libertarians have been screaming about for years..

They don't need no over hauls they should be all ceased, they shouldn't even exist.

Last edited:

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Eyes pop out in disbelief at desperate argument.

At least we can agree on that.

So even though millions of people had access to the data Manning did you don't believe a single one of them was a Russian and/or Chinese spy? When the Russians have been caught with programs like this? Seriously?

Ditto what Snowden had access to, he hardly had a massively high security clearance - I really find it hard to believe the same doesn't apply.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
ya... Good luck with that ....:rolleyes:

Apple knows it all anyway when we use iOS devices.... The act of saying "We trust Apple with our privacy/data" should be kept, "as is" ....

Then again, this is exactly why "I" always provide as little info on my iTunes Account as possible/or fake, for this exact purpose....

OK, I'm guilty of this ..... so sue me :p

But this is the only way, I know what i am giving out.... :) I'd rather be guilty of giving fake info, than spying on real data/info from the NSA any-day.....

To me privacy is top priority.... Period !!.. regardless of snoopers...

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Late to the party, Apple tells the others what they want to hear. Knowing anything the Cupertino company says publicly will be reported on, they choose their words very carefully. Masters of their image, the faithful are thrilled at this announcement.

And the beat goes on... :D

So what would you be saying in Apple's position?

"The faithful are thrilled at this announcement" - how stupid can you get? Is there anybody who doesn't support Apple (and Google, and many other companies) in their attempt to get the right to provide more transparency to their customers?

Rog210

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2004
So what would you be saying in Apple's position?

"The faithful are thrilled at this announcement" - how stupid can you get? Is there anybody who doesn't support Apple (and Google, and many other companies) in their attempt to get the right to provide more transparency to their customers?

I wouldn't say I support them in any of this. I can't make that call until I know what's been going on.

It's too easy for the NSA to lean on corporations though. Unlike whistleblowers or some journalists, corps are unlikely to take a stand against the NSA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.