Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
I got Apple TV 4K last weekend to replace my old Apple TV Second Generation. I tested Prime videos and they were playing in DD 5.1. Also Disney+ movies playing in DD 5.1.

Are you settings set up for Atmos on the AppleTV 4K? I think it defaults to DD 5.1. You have to select best audio with Atmos enabled for it to output Atmos.

wongnog

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2010
I have an ATV4K here in Canada and can get HDR and Atmos audio no problem on the Netflix and Disney+ apps, but I only get 5.1 audio for amazon prime titles. I have a samsung Q90R soundbar, and while it doesn’t tell me the difference between 2.0 and 5.1 audio, it does detect Atmos audio and will display so on the front LED. There’s no Atmos logo for Jack Ryan, only HDR and 5.1. I also don’t see two versions of this show, one in UHD and the other in HD as others have mentioned. And am having the same no Atmos issue on my Xbox One X and the prime video app on my Sony 4K tv. Is this a regional issue?

Bunno

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2020
It’s Nov 2020 and still no 5.1 from Amazon on anything through my early ATV on any system. Netflix, BBC etc all lovely 5.1. I’m guessing it’s to force us to get 4K Prime and latest ATV.
I hate having my pocket picked all the time by these billionaire organisations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.