Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ganesh.raam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
San Diego, CA
Though the new Apple TV will come loaded with apps that were showcased during the last Apple show, here is a list of Apps that I feel should be the most important and expected ones that I think will make the Apple TV great! Feel free to add to this list of apps... Its great fun if ever developers get to view this list :)

Apple Apps (Native)
  1. iTunes Movies
  2. iTunes TV Shows
  3. Apple Music
  4. Apple TV App Store
  5. Trailers
  6. Podcasts
Network & Video Streaming Apps (Native)
  1. HBO
  2. ShowTime
  3. Netflix
  4. Hulu
  5. ABC
  6. CNN Go
  7. Fox Now
  8. YouTube
  9. ABC News
  10. USA Now
  11. Disney
  12. PBS Kids
  13. PBS
Sports Apps (Native)
  1. NBA
  2. MLB TV
  3. NBC Sports
  4. Watch ESPN
  5. NHL
Highly Anticipated Apps (Expected)
  1. Amazon Prime
  2. Vudu
  3. Plex
  4. VLC
  5. Sling TV
  6. BBC iPlayer
  7. Skype
  8. TV Guide
  9. Timeline
  10. Spotify
  11. Pandora
  12. Saavn
  13. Shazam
  14. theScore
  15. Yupp TV
  16. Lynda.Com
  17. IMDB
  18. Twitter
  19. Dailymotion
  20. Sky Go
  21. Animax
  22. iTV
  23. National Geographic
  24. Epix
  25. Willow TV
  26. Flixster
Add to this list folks... less than a week to go before pre orders begin on October 26, 2015.

:apple::apple::apple:

Reactions: Weaselboy

mjs975s

Suspended
Jul 5, 2007
NYC
Just received word that TWC (Time Warner Cable) is killing off the FanTV device for IPTV by Nov 30th but they have an app for xbox, roku, ios, and android which makes me wonder if they're planning to launch the app for the new AppleTV.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
Pangea announced they will be releasing Nanosaur 2, Bugdom 2, Airwings, and possibly one more that I'm maybe missing, for the new Apple TV. :)

ganesh.raam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
San Diego, CA
Amazon stopped selling Apple TV's. I don't see Apple allowing Amazon Prime on the Apple TV.
When they have an Amazon Prime App on the App store for iPhone/iPad, porting it to Apple TV shouldn't be a problem... Lets see how the dynamics work in the coming weeks!

MarkNY

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
Just received word that TWC (Time Warner Cable) is killing off the FanTV device for IPTV by Nov 30th but they have an app for xbox, roku, ios, and android which makes me wonder if they're planning to launch the app for the new AppleTV.

I'm surprised their hasn't been more talk about TWC and Charter apps. Seem like big deals but uncertain given Apple's impending OTT service. I loathe my TWC box and its molasses interface, and hope we get an app.

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
I have an app under review but it's been in review for 2 days... iOS apps usually take a week so I dunno how long to expect mine.

loekf

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2015
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Looks like Alto's Adventure (side-scrolling skiiing game) will have an AppleTV version. Just saw an update on my iPhone that they added iCloud syncing to ensure progress is synced to Alto's Adventure for Apple TV".

They also added MFI Controller support.

TylerL

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
PlayStation Vue! I'll give my left everything for PlayStation Vue on Apple TV.

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
I'm surprised their hasn't been more talk about TWC and Charter apps. Seem like big deals but uncertain given Apple's impending OTT service. I loathe my TWC box and its molasses interface, and hope we get an app.

I feel the same way. TWC's Roku app is actually really nice, particularly the on-demand portion. However as it stands I can't use it as my primary box because it is missing a few channels I subscribe to, has no local channels (read: no networks such as ABC, NBC, Fox, etc.), and I only get the west coast feeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.