Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
As I posted earlier in this thread, I don't see anything SJW/feminist/Left-wing in For All Mankind, granted, it's the only show I really like in the lineup.

MarkAtl

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2019
The amount of blatant, in your face, Social Justice & feminist preaching in apple tv+ shows is absolutely insane. I honestly cannot believe the writers actually went ahead and did this on their own. This has to be a directive from apple instructing them every 3 lines you have to include something along these lines...

I mean take For All Mankind for example. You are literally bombarded with feminist preaching in almost half the scenes in this show. And it is so blatant, so poorly executed, I mean why??

and before some smart folk come out calling me you know what, i despise preaching of any kind in movies and shows. Its is a sign of crappy writing. The writers should respect the audience’s intelligence. You do not have to have your female character screaming “oh look i am a strong woman i am going to show these one dimensional sexist male characters how great i am!”, in order to have a strong female character. You can let your script and the character’s actions speak for themselves. Take for example Three Billboards outside Ebing Missouri movie’s main female protagonist. Now that is a badass female character, extremely well scripted and acted. No need for worthless and constant preaching. Just great script that makes you come to that conclusion on your own.

For all Mankind makes you think it was written for 12 year olds... my God what a load of BS...
There is a lot of SJW, but I look past it, because the other half of the scenes that don’t have it are great.

nickdalzell1

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2019
It's not nearly as bad at it (what little there is, I sure didn't see any) as Star Trek: Discovery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.