Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Did any of you subscribe? If yes, what are you watching or have watched so far?!

I’m so glad that Apple actually made it available for the older non AppStore models as well. That means I don’t need to buy a new device.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I subscribed last night. I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it to be useless. Everything I want to watch I have to pay for and there aren’t many choices.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
There are some free Apple original shows to begin with. They’re going to add more each month. I’ve started watching SEE.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Did any of you subscribe? If yes, what are you watching or have watched so far?!

I’m so glad that Apple actually made it available for the older non AppStore models as well. That means I don’t need to buy a new device.
Yes to this. I have an Apple TV 4 in my living room but the older Apple TV 3 in my dining room. Glad I didn’t have to buy another Apple TV.

Reactions: akash.nu

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Got a free year from a recent iPad purchase. Started See and For All Mankind.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I subscribed last night. I don’t know if it’s just me but I find it to be useless. Everything I want to watch I have to pay for and there aren’t many choices.

Agree with this.
The only thing Im watching is 'See'. Otherwise the rest is useless as I have Netflix and Amazon Video already. I understand AppleTV pulls shows from those avenues into the one single app to make it easier, but even so, the service doesn't wow me enough to pay for it. Will keep it for the free year and then cancel the subscription.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
I've only watched the first three episodes of 'See'. I'm intrigued enough to continue.
I'm looking forward to watching 'For All Mankind' as well.
The other shows - maybe.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
How’s it? I want to start watching it today.

See seems like decent entertainment when you can forget the thought that humanity may not manage to achieve this level of sophistication being all blind and decimated by the billions.

See also looks interesting after episode 1.

What I find annoying is the attempt to present all content via the TV app or whatever that thing is called. I don’t want suggestions to rent or buy content from anywhere but that is thrown at me constantly.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
I recently bought an iPhone 11 so I get a free 1 year trial of Apple TV. But is there a deadline for signing up for the trial?

I'd much rather wait to.start my trial as right now there's no show that really stands out for me.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Just noticed Apple has charged me £4.99 for the Apple TV + subscription. Not sure of I had to subscribe via the newly bought device because I used the old Apple TV to subscribe. Have sent an email to Apple support. Let’s see what they come back with.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Just noticed Apple has charged me £4.99 for the Apple TV + subscription. Not sure of I had to subscribe via the newly bought device because I used the old Apple TV to subscribe. Have sent an email to Apple support. Let’s see what they come back with.

I had an email straight away from Apple confirming the 12 months free subscription. Didn’t they send you an email confirming something or other?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I had an email straight away from Apple confirming the 12 months free subscription. Didn’t they send you an email confirming something or other?

It says free for a year in the email but on my account a charge is being shown.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
So they’ve actually taken money from your bank? Good job you received the free trial confirmation then.

Yeah they have taken money. That’s why I want to check what’s the deal with that transaction. That email will definitely come handy.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I’ll have to check. I subscribed via my Apple TV 4 and it said I was eligible for the year free trial because I’d bought a new iPhone. I’ll have to see if I’ve been charged.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Apr 21, 2012
England
Yeah they have taken money. That’s why I want to check what’s the deal with that transaction. That email will definitely come handy.

I wonder if there is an issue whereby when you sign up for the 12 months free subscription on a “not relevant for the free sub” device you are charged even though you’ve actually just bought a compliant device?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Going to give See a watch tonight. I watched about 10 minutes of it on Friday night and it looked ok. I also watched 5 minutes of Dickinson and I quite liked that.

Reactions: akash.nu

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Just watched the first episode of See. I enjoyed it. The pacing was good. Hopefully it continues to be good.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
I’ll have to check. I subscribed via my Apple TV 4 and it said I was eligible for the year free trial because I’d bought a new iPhone. I’ll have to see if I’ve been charged.

Apple just responded confirming that I didn’t get charged for the Apple TV+ it was something else. I now remember I rented a movie at the same time while subscribing for Apple TV+.

Strangedream

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
London, UK
The good thing is that I got Apple TV+ for free with my Apple Music membership, but sadly I don't have much time to enjoy it. I still managed to watch the first episode of See and so far I really liked the show, will definitely finish it when I have more time :)

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006

Yes to get your free year you have to subscribe via your new device. For me I had to sign up using the iPhone I got this year.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
Original poster
May 26, 2016
Yes to get your free year you have to subscribe via your new device. For me I had to sign up using the iPhone I got this year.

That seems to be incorrect as I got it free but subscribed using my old Apple TV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.