Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Sir_Giggles said:
believe this is the wrong forum.
well spotted , i got too excited about the prospect of a new release from apple !
maybe the mods can move this to the right fourm .

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
liketom said:
well spotted , i got too excited about the prospect of a new release from apple !
maybe the mods can move this to the right fourm .

Keep us posted on what changes. It could be for more than just the Cinema Displays.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Canadian prices for the Cinema Displays are currently at:

1799, 2799, and 4699. I wonder if they'll work in the stronger Canadian dollar.

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Sir_Giggles said:
Canadian prices for the Cinema Displays are currently at:

1799, 2799, and 4699. I wonder if they'll work in the stronger Canadian dollar.
maybe the screens will come down in price and a new 17" will be there ready fro macworld new Headless Mac?

maybe its just a update to the website lol

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Sir_Giggles said:
Keep us posted on what changes. It could be for more than just the Cinema Displays.

HAHA stupid me. I can just surf over the UK website and see for myself. :rolleyes:

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
liketom said:
thinking about this , UK only down ... it HAS to be a price cut of some kind!!

The UK is frequently the first or one of the first to go down... it's not unheard of it going down before 10am and staying down till the rest of europe and the the U.S. go down a few hours later.

I can't imagine being any serious updates though, not this close to MWSF, speedbumps possibly but not major changes.

Hopefully like you said Apple are realising the strength of the £ vs $ means that they can actually lower their prices and still milk a tidy profit.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
liketom said:
must be a price drop or a iTunes music store update of some kind

Well according to MR's main page... we're likely to see Xserve, Xsan and display price reductions.

I really need to check the main page more often! :p

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
I want a 799€ 20" Cinema Display :D But then again this won't happen for the next 2 years... :(
Stores are down for quite some time... seems to be some major work. Or they are putting everything up for MWSF already so there's not that much work then...

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
iGAV said:
I really need to check the main page more often! :p
theresafrontpage.jpg

:D

psycho bob

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2003
Leeds, England
I've never known the UK store go down and not the US one at the same for anything major. It hasn't been down that long, it could be a simple refresh a slight layot change. Lets hope it is something more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.