Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
£2k for the top of the line workstation is very good. Add to that you can now put a cinema display with it for £699.

Good stuff, now update the freakin' POWERBOOKS!!!

Sabbath

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2003
London
liketom said:
what a good day this is !!!! roll on next week , now if i can just get one of them 20" to watch the live feed !! i wonder if the dealers will price drop straight away ?? if so i might drive to nottingham to pick one up!!!

" an Apple a day keeps Micro$oft away "

I was just thinking how random it must be for people in the oxford street retail store to just suddenly see the prices drop. Imagine how bizare it would be if you were just walking out and a man was going round decreasing the prices. :rolleyes:

I'd give them a ring before you go, I don't know where you buy but i often try jigsaw (they will let you come and pick it up if you ask) and they tend to have a lot of stock and sometimes lower prices, although I doubt it on this!

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
ok so all the excitement over for today , it looks like there is a space for a 17" at £199-249 mark to go with the headless and maybe a discount for both together ? i would think a white screen like the iMac G4 but not widescreen.

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
Sir_Giggles said:
Canadian prices for the Cinema Displays are currently at:

1799, 2799, and 4699. I wonder if they'll work in the stronger Canadian dollar.

Now 1249, 2299, 3799.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
Problems at Apple?

Wow, this is great, but a bit odd..

Doesn't seem very Apple like, does it? Another thing that stuck me as odd was that if you look at the two latest Apple PR articles (apple.com/pr) they both have quotes from Phill Schiller. For as long as I can remember, these have always had quotes from SJ..

Could the sudden price reductions and Phil's name on the press releases mean that there is trouble brewing at apple? Will SJ announce his resignation next week? (lol, i think that might be a bit far-fetched :rolleyes: )

Just struck me as a bit odd, that's all :)

/asif

liketom

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
Sir_Giggles said:
Now 1249, 2299, 3799.

now comes the threads - Apple display V's Dell's lol , should i buy a display now or wait for updates at macworld -

by the way 20" display at http://WWW.GHC.CO.UK are still £999.99 until they get the ok to drop them to Apple's prices - phoned them and they have them in stock as well

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
With Education hehe :D the following:
ibook - £657!!
imac - £845
emac -£516
20" :£643!!
Powermacs from £919!
Jesus that ibook is tempting and those 20" screens wit a dramatic price drop..finally figured out that they were way overpriced :p

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Why do I ALWAYS sleep through the good stuff!! I used to be able to blame it on the 5-7 hour time difference, but today.... I stayed in bed till 14.30... :( Mmmmmmm.... student life.... where's me pot noodle?

Hob

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
hob said:
Why do I ALWAYS sleep through the good stuff!! I used to be able to blame it on the 5-7 hour time difference, but today.... I stayed in bed till 14.30... :( Mmmmmmm.... student life.... where's me pot noodle?

Hob

you are kidding... :eek: half 2!!! :eek:

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
hob said:

Hob
Wish I was a student :(

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Diatribe said:
Now when exactly did you get your iMac G5? Oh well, I guess prices are never safe, but now it's gonna be tough to sell my 12" to get a 15" without paying a huge upgrade price. :(
meh, the 20" iMac is only £50 cheaper, no biggie :D

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Well, the $1000 (US) 20" ACD will do nicely. But it secures the fact that the headless Mac to come will be a G4, since otherwise they'd undercut the iMac.

Now, if only I can get my boss to spring for one...

Sir_Giggles

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
liketom said:
now comes the threads - Apple display V's Dell's lol , should i buy a display now or wait for updates at macworld -

by the way 20" display at http://WWW.GHC.CO.UK are still £999.99 until they get the ok to drop them to Apple's prices - phoned them and they have them in stock as well

Its blasphemy! Blasphemy I say to ever consider Dulls. :p

hob

macrumors 68010
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
edesignuk said:
Wish I was a student :(

Yeah well... wish I could afford any of the stuff we discuss on these boards. I got my powerbook n that's probably it for the next few years!!

Hob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.