Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppZ.Zero

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2021
Yeah, the hype is already gone. So not expecting too much from a release in other countries. As everyone has expected before, even Apple is not having a primary Case for Using a VR/AR Headset. And the reviews suggest, that even for the intended workflows its not really neccessary.

Reactions: deaglecat

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
The good thing is that there’s no need for “influencers” to review it all over again…
…is there??
This is true — at least with the english speaking ones. (Most of the UK ones already did it with US bought AVPs)

I am sure there will be Francophone, Chinese and German "influencers" trying it on.

Pupi

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2015
No Apple Stores in Ireland, so presumably never here.
The country where Apple holds a major operation too, that is incredible.

No Apple Stores in Finland or Portugal either.

Don't understand why Apple just stopped expanding their retail operation to new countries.

I'm not saying bring an Apple Store to every village. But considering the size of Apple and its importance in modern society worldwide, it would be good peace of mind to their customers to know that basically you can find an Apple in any given developed country at least at the capital.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
"The Apple Vision Pro keyboard only supports English (US) and Emoji, which makes sense as it is limited to the United States."

This seems a bit tone deaf. From Wikipedia: The United States does not have an official language. English and Spanish are the most widely used languages in the U.S."

This makes me wonder how important are the 42 million US-citizens that speak Spanish at home?

Beeneeord

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2024

Apple will soon add 12 new languages to the virtual keyboard on the Vision Pro, based on code discovered by MacRumors. Right now, the Apple Vision Pro keyboard only supports English (US) and Emoji, which makes sense as it is limited to the United States.

apple-vision-pro-virtual-keyboard.jpg

To bring the Vision Pro to new countries, Apple needs to add support for additional languages. The code indicates the following languages will be added:
  • Cantonese, Traditional
  • Chinese, Simplified
  • English (Australia)
  • English (Canada)
  • English (Japan)
  • English (Singapore)
  • English (UK)
  • French (Canada)
  • French (France)
  • German (Germany)
  • Japanese
  • Korean
It's likely that these language additions hint at the countries where Apple will launch the Vision Pro next, including Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and the UK. Hong Kong and Taiwan are also potential candidates.

When the Vision Pro launched, Apple said that it would bring the Vision Pro to additional countries later this year, but the company did not provide timing. Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Apple will expand Vision Pro availability to additional markets prior to the June Worldwide Developers Conference.

Article Link: Apple Vision Pro Likely to Launch in These Nine Countries Next

German (Austria)

WiiDSmoker

Suspended
Sep 15, 2009
Dallas, TX
Gonna be well above 4K with 19% tax here in Germany. No thanks.

I also feel like the hype surrounding it has already died down. Don’t remember the last time I ran into a story about it besides iJustine taking it to the most ridiculous outdoor settings
Same boat. Was hyped. USA launch showed what an overpriced disaster this product is. Will wait for V2 at minimal.

Reactions: AppZ.Zero

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
No Apple Stores in Ireland, so presumably never here.

The country where Apple holds a major operation too, that is incredible.

No Apple Stores in Finland or Portugal either.

Don't understand why Apple just stopped expanding their retail operation to new countries.

I'm not saying bring an Apple Store to every village. But considering the size of Apple and its importance in modern society worldwide, it would be good peace of mind to their customers to know that basically you can find an Apple in any given developed country at least at the capital.

I have no idea what I am talking about, but I wouldn't be surprised if that hasn't got to do with the tax breaks Apple Inc get in Ireland… Somewhere in the small print.

But as I said, no idea if I'm right. 🙂

Reactions: j26

dialogos

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2017
How is it possible for Apple to skip Spanish? 🤦🏻‍♂️

They certainly have a language issue. 🤣Even in their translation services, there's a noticeable lack of several languages!!

Many would argue that Spanish, being a major language, should not be excluded at this stage. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Due to the cost of living crisis that is affecting many many countries in the EU due to a war going on (we wont go into that), it will be interesting to see the uptake of sales of the VR once it's released. With regards to the UK, based on news articles of when Apple releases new iphones and ipads in the country and the media get to talk with those inline at the Apple stores waiting to get their hands on one, it becomes apparent that a lot of the sales is by people living in the UK who then send them on to friends/relatives/workplaces abroad.

The only people in the UK that is going to be able to afford a VP is rich people. Question will be though are the rich people in the UK that interested in AR/VR to begin with. I doubt it. In my opinion their interest will be money and as such if they can make money from the VP (buy now, sell later for a profit).

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
Maybe that will become available when the device is available in those countries? It's US-only right now.

What is a left-handed keyboard?
I believe this is a humorous reference to those countries where we drive on the left hand side of the road.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Well, according to so many posts here on MR after the launch in the US no-one will buy the VPro when it launches in whatever country is next… and in case someone buys it anyway, they will return it after the 14 days thanks to the PSA that MR surely will post…

ksec

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2015
Hong Kong and Taiwan are also potential candidates.

I mean where would Chinese Traditional be used if it is listed but these two country are only "potential candidates".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.