Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Now that the preorders have started, how about we start a thread for buyers to post their thoughts? A few questions to get started:
  • Which model did you order?
  • Did you get any accessories?
  • Did you get AppleCare+?
  • What do you expect to use the Apple Vision Pro for?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
My responses:
  • 512GB
  • Optical inserts and travel case
  • No for AppleCare+ for now
  • Likely mostly for viewing videos and other content, but I'm curious how iPad apps will run and how well the display function will work with the Mac.

Reactions: MrWaldo

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
  • 256GB
  • No inserts - may order lens correction later...
  • Extra $200 battery pack
  • No AppleCare+ for now
  • 3D stuff & interface w/ Mac Studio

IllusiveMan

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2018
  • 1Tb
  • Extra Battery and Travel Case
  • Yes, I paid up front
  • Development, General Work, Entertainment/Games

happypappy

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
Philadelphia
• 512GB

• Nothing yet. May get the case and extra battery when I pick up on launch day.

• No AppleCare+ (yet lol)

• Work, Entertainment, Games

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
  • 256 GB (was tempted to get 512 but think will be fine)
  • Prescription lenses inserts and Travel case - might cancel case if there's good 3rd party's (it's a plus the official case comes with protections for the insert lenses though)
  • AppleCare+ monthly
  • Work, Videos, Fun!

ourguile

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2024
New York
  • 256 GB
  • I ordered the carrying case, Zeiss optical inserts plus the Magic Keyboard and trackpad (just in case, don’t trust the virtual keyboard yet)
  • I did buy AppleCare+ just in case.
  • Work, reading, media.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
  • 512GB
  • Battery, travel case
  • Yes for AC+
  • Anything and everything. Hopefully work, media consumption and other general use

heretic51

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2023
- no battery, no case
- no AC+, but might get it later if possible
- hanging out with dinosaurs, recording 3D videos of family, watching Futurama seasons in space

Stevenyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2020
512 GB

No new accessories but expect to carry my 99wh external battery pack with the VP regularly. Have 20/30 vision many years after LASIK but didn't feel like ordering corrective lenses, we'll see if I regret that (if so, I'll go for contacts for the first time in years rather than lenses in the VP if at all possible)

Monthly apple care, expect to be using this daily and on the go, and it takes 100 months of monthly apple care to be more expensive than a serious repair!

Ideally it starts as a replacement for my iPad, TV, external monitors for my Macs, and main work device while traveling (like might not even bring a MacBook anymore, VP + a BT keyboard ideally is so much more useful) and only gets more useful as more apps come out. AR has been the dream since I first knew what a computer was. If ithe VP falls significantly short of these goals it's going back until a later version or someone else gets AR right. Price only makes sense if I don't have to buy another iPad, large monitor, TV, or MacBook ever again.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
  • Which model did you order? 512
  • Did you get any accessories? None
  • Did you get AppleCare+? Yes
  • What do you expect to use the Apple Vision Pro for? Scalping. 😈

Stevenyo

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2020
  • Which model did you order? 512
  • Did you get any accessories? None
  • Did you get AppleCare+? Yes
  • What do you expect to use the Apple Vision Pro for? Scalping. 😈
If you're serious, I'm not sure The VP is going to have a major scalping market. Between the bands and light seals needing having so many sizes, the price already being a big objection to adoption, limited use cases, and that even a couple hours after pre-orders started there were headsets available for day one pickup in every apple store I checked, I don't see the $4k after tax device selling for even a $1000 markup that you'd need to even break even, let alone going for enough to be worth reselling.

mlenger

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Southern California
512 GB
Travel Case
Extra Battery Pack
ZEISS Optical Inserts
No Apple Care
work - 3D design - entertainment - reading - I think it’s going to be a radical game changer

martens

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
512GB
Zeiss inserts
No AppleCare+
entertainment development sheet music TBD

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.