Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal
Watching content in the "Cinema" mode is my favorite experience. However the glare from bright scenes (reflected off my face?) is very annoying.

Is there a light seal/cushion size adjustment that could be made to mitigate this glare or it the simple physics of the light reflecting off your eyeballs back to the inner lenses?
Maybe wash your face? Do you have oily skin?

Check our cevaVe

OnTheeRize

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2015
Bay Area
Might be on to something though. I washed my face right before wearing the AVP on Tuesday and didnt have any glare issues. Yesterday I didnt wash my face and had some glare watching the Messi/Argentina documentary on Apple TV....hmm

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
Might be on to something though. I washed my face right before wearing the AVP on Tuesday and didnt have any glare issues. Yesterday I didnt wash my face and had some glare watching the Messi/Argentina documentary on Apple TV....hmm
I don’t know. Asking uses of high-tech electronics to bathe regularly, that just might be a step too far.

😂

Ensyed

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
applecare
old Quest 2 case
entertainment

just did my first flight w AVP. It was awesome. Totally worth every penny.
watching GOT in an immersive environment which completely blocks the plane. Loved every minute of it. Didn’t take it off for take off or landing.
I think in a few yrs half the plane will be wearing such devices (once it’s cheap enough) instead of watching on puny smart ph screens.

Reactions: Chuckeee

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I just bought an extra battery pack. Even though I’m usually on the couch when I use the device and can easily plug it due to the position of the extension cord my wife and I use to charge our devices I’ve got to drape either the battery’s cable or the USB-C cable across my lap or behind me. It’s kind of a PITA so I decide to grab another battery and keep the space plugged in so I can swap them when the battery pack I have plugged in runs low on power. It’s also nice to have a backup if one of the two of them stop working for whatever reason. I’ve got AppleCare but the nearest store is a 35 minute drive so this way I could send it in for a replacement or a repair and not be SOL waiting for it to come back nor worry about wasting an hour an a half taking into the nearest Apple Store.

Reactions: fatTribble

OnTheeRize

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2015
Bay Area
  • 512GB
  • 11W Medium
  • No Official Case
  • No AppleCare
  • Entertainment
I switched mine to 21W which was the initial size my iphone reading gave me. Turns out I wasnt adjusting the band correctly.

I also tried a couple of cases including the eucarlos one but this one has a lip/protrusion that keeps AVP from moving around. I also like that the strap holds the seal not the screen. It's also tall enough that it doesnt touch screen. Fits in my backpack perfectly.
Some people are putting their battery inside but i dont want to risk it. I can carry battery outside case and inside backpack.

Last edited:

rso81

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
  • 1TB
  • Got AppleCare+
  • Cases from Waterfield Design
  • clear screen guard
  • SoloTop and second solo knit band
I got 2 of all the above FYI

My wife and I travel a lot, so these will be used mainly for inflight entertainment.

Pricey? Perhaps, but they pay for themselves when compared to the cost of Business Class (we will fly Premium Economy with these babies)

geauxmac

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2011
  • 1TB
  • Got AppleCare+
  • Cases from Waterfield Design
  • clear screen guard
  • SoloTop and second solo knit band
I got 2 of all the above FYI

My wife and I travel a lot, so these will be used mainly for inflight entertainment.

Pricey? Perhaps, but they pay for themselves when compared to the cost of Business Class (we will fly Premium Economy with these babies)
I flew with mine for first time last week, complete game changer for inflight experience.

Reactions: fatTribble
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.