Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: tobyringle69

tobyringle69

macrumors regular
May 13, 2015
Hi all!

There is no official case for the Zeiss prescription lenses and Apple’s own documentation says not to keep it on the Vision Pro while it’s being stored. I ended up buying a camera lens filter case to store my Zeiss lenses and it works really well. Check out my video view and feel free to ask any questions about this budget option.

The Perfect Apple Vision Pro Zeiss Lens Case on a Budget
Link does not work.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Where did you see Apple recommends to remove the lens inserts when the device is not in use? I haven't seen any mention of that.
I’ll look for it again. It might have been in the Zeiss instructions. It makes sense though because the lenses can detach from the Vision Pro if it gets knocked around.

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 105

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
I’ll look for it again. It might have been in the Zeiss instructions. It makes sense though because the lenses can detach from the Vision Pro if it gets knocked around.
Many people have been using this pad to hold and protect the AVP lenses in place: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WDRM83B

Note that this is only a pad that wedges inside the AVP and is not a case with pockets.

I have one and it seems like it would work for handling small-to-medium impacts. I imagine it probably wouldn't work if you dropped the case down concrete stairs, though.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Many people have been using this pad to hold and protect the AVP lenses in place: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WDRM83B

Note that this is only a pad that wedges inside the AVP and is not a case with pockets.

I have one and it seems like it would work for handling small-to-medium impacts. I imagine it probably wouldn't work if you dropped the case down concrete stairs, though.
This looks like a great solution as well! Does it fit snugly into that space?

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
This looks like a great solution as well! Does it fit snugly into that space?
It's moderately snug. You have to ever-so-slightly squish the pad ends to put it into the AVP, but it's not so squished that the pad bends or wrinkles. It fits well. In the Apple case, the interior divider can also help keep the pad in the AVP.

Reactions: MR1324

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
It makes sense though because the lenses can detach from the Vision Pro if it gets knocked around.

Indeed they can. Hearing a knock at the door I removed my VP to go to the door, forgetting that the battery was in my pocket. Pulled the VP off my head which crashed to the floor. When I got back to it one lens was on the floor. Trying to put it back in it wouldn't attach. Turns out that besides ejecting the right lens the left lens moved to the right lens position.

Luckily no harm seems to have been done. Just reaffirms that my AppleCare for VP was a good choice.

I believe the recommendation is for when you are traveling with the Vision Pro, not simply "when not in use".

Yeah, anytime it will be subject to major vibrations.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
Indeed they can. Hearing a knock at the door I removed my VP to go to the door, forgetting that the battery was in my pocket. Pulled the VP off my head which crashed to the floor. When I got back to it one lens was on the floor. Trying to put it back in it wouldn't attach. Turns out that besides ejecting the right lens the left lens moved to the right lens position.

Luckily no harm seems to have been done. Just reaffirms that my AppleCare for VP was a good choice.

Yeah, anytime it will be subject to major vibrations.

Yea even when the Apple Vision Pro is inside the official case and has that protective felt shield pushed close to the lenses, there's still enough room in there for the Zeiss lenses to detach and shake around. That could not only break the Zeiss lenses, but also the much more expensive Vision Pro lenses.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I wonder if this would work.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
Reactions: MR1324

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I wonder if this would work.

I don't think it will. The circular cases are too small for the Zeiss lens inserts. I bought this pouch here:

I bought this.

Me too! It's coming today and I'm going to put up a short video about it.

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
I bought this.

I did too…and was disappointed. It keeps falling out, doesnt seem to fit well. It may be because of the zeiss lens inserts having enough height that it doesn’t fit inside the light shade well. Interested in hearing other people’s opinions of it.

CodeSpyder

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
I did too…and was disappointed. It keeps falling out, doesnt seem to fit well. It may be because of the zeiss lens inserts having enough height that it doesn’t fit inside the light shade well. Interested in hearing other people’s opinions of it.
Push the ends in more. It should fit nicely.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
I have Zeiss lens, and it fits decently snugly.

Reactions: G5isAlive
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.