Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
Thanks for the information! I take mine out at night before I hit the sack since my wife works second shift, doesn’t need glasses or contacts and likes to use the device. I don’t want to take any chances given what the lenses cost. Not that she’d ever intentionally drop them or forget where she put them but if she puts them someplace I wouldn’t think to look I’d have a hard time getting a hold of her when she’s working and seeing patients and if she ever left them out by mistake instead of putting them away our cat might decide one of them is a fun toy to knock around …. LOL ….

• Haha
Reactions: MR1324

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for the information! I take mine out at night before I hit the sack since my wife works second shift, doesn’t need glasses or contacts and likes to use the device. I don’t want to take any chances given what the lenses cost. Not that she’d ever intentionally drop them or forget where she put them but if she puts them someplace I wouldn’t think to look I’d have a hard time getting a hold of her when she’s working and seeing patients and if she ever left them out by mistake instead of putting them away our cat might decide one of them is a fun toy to knock around …. LOL ….
You could get rid of the cat.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 22, 2010
I did too…and was disappointed. It keeps falling out, doesnt seem to fit well. It may be because of the zeiss lens inserts having enough height that it doesn’t fit inside the light shade well. Interested in hearing other people’s opinions of it.

I purchased one of these recently and also did a video review on it. With the Zeiss lens on there, the KIWI lens protector fits right up against it. Without the Zeiss lenses inserted, there is a gap. The KIWI lens protector fits pretty well and doesn't fall off even when shaken rigorously. You can find my review here:

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
You could get rid of the cat.

LOL. No way. My wife was really attached to both of our cats when we met and I grew attached to them both too. We had to put the oldest one of the two down last year in late February so there’s no way I could get rid of the one we have left. She’s been with us too long now. My wife adopted her from a shelter when she was about a year old. Her oldest that we had to put down made it to 20 years old. He was my sister-in-laws cat that she gave to my wife to look after when she was deployed overseas in the Air Fore during the second Iraq war and when she got back home she wanted to see as much of the country as she could while she was still enlisted so she moved frequently and liked that my wife gave him a stable place to stay and grow up without there being a ton of strangers around all the time and other roommates of hers with their own pets, etc. My wife’s sister didn’t intend to have a cat. The neighborhood kids at an apartment she rented came to her door telling her they heard something crying that sounded like it was coming from under the hood of her Jeep and sure enough, when she opened it up there he was all on his own trying to keep warm as a little kitten in the middle of winter so she took him in and my wife got him about 6 years later.

It’s way OT but I can’t believe how intelligent and loving cats can be having been raised around friends with dogs and never around many cats. They know their names, know words like food, treat, toy, etc. and show the full range of emotions including happiness, sadness, jealously, etc. She’s like a member of the family around our place….

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Spring

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
LOL. No way. My wife was really attached to both of our cats when we met and I grew attached to them both too. We had to put the oldest one of the two down last year in late February so there’s no way I could get rid of the one we have left. She’s been with us too long now. My wife adopted her from a shelter when she was about a year old. Her oldest that we had to put down made it to 20 years old. He was my sister-in-laws cat that she gave to my wife to look after when she was deployed overseas in the Air Fore during the second Iraq war and when she got back home she wanted to see as much of the country as she could while she was still enlisted so she moved frequently and liked that my wife gave him a stable place to stay and grow up without there being a ton of strangers around all the time and other roommates of hers with their own pets, etc. She didn’t intended to have a cat. The neighborhood kids at an apartment she rented came to her door telling her they heard something crying that sounded like it was coming from under the hood of her Jeep and sure enough, when she opened it up there he was all on his own trying to keep warm as a little kitten in the middle of winter so she took him in and my wife got him about 6 years later.

It’s way OT but I can’t believe how intelligent and loving cats can be having been raised around friends with dogs and never around many cats. They know their names, know words like food, treat, toy, etc. and show the full range of emotions including happiness, sadness, jealously, etc. She’s like a member of the family around our place….
OK, I'll make an exception !

Reactions: Macaholic868
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.