Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boston04and07

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2008
Wallet is available on iPad and Mac.. iPad go to Settings > Wallet > can add/remove cards here.

Mac go to Apple logo top left corner > System Settings > Wallet > can add/remove cards here.

So you can use Apple Pay on iPad and Mac now there is no dedicated wallet app on your desktop and cant use iPad for contactless payment at a store.

Oh yes, I know it’s there, but I don‘t like that setup at all. It’s clunky and unintuitive having the same info in a standalone app on one device and in Settings on another. Settings also doesn’t show you all of the info you get on the Wallet app. For example, I can’t see spending categories or package tracking, and I don’t know how they would squeeze checking account balances and full transaction history in the Settings app. It would be much nicer if the Wallet app was just universal. I can see, obviously, having NFC-related functionality restricted to the iPhone, but there is now so much other stuff being added to Wallet that it just makes sense having it available on all devices.

ojobson

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2009
How do you set this up? UK with one of the relevant banks. Do i need to Remi e and add my card?

AstonSmith

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2016
UK
How do you set this up? UK with one of the relevant banks. Do i need to Remi e and add my card?
AIUI, first you need to install the 17.1 beta. Then open the Wallet app, press on the relevant bank's card, and there should be a message bubble underneath inviting you to connect.

Reactions: ojobson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.