Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgudmund

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2019
Are there any tips to removing a watch band that is stuck in the watch? I used an amazon leather band for a while and wanted to switch it out. The problem is, it won't budge on the top half of the watch and now the watch is useless. Is there anything I can do?

Cold water worked for me. It cleans dirt somewhat and shrinks both rubber and the metal slightly.
In my case it was enough to get it loose.

Official Apple Watch band, rubber, been there since attached from the beginning. A series 1 watch, 38 mm.

Fran Corn

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2019
Are there any tips to removing a watch band that is stuck in the watch? I used an amazon leather band for a while and wanted to switch it out. The problem is, it won't budge on the top half of the watch and now the watch is useless. Is there anything I can do?
[doublepost=1560210969][/doublepost]The band was stuck in my Apple Series 3 watch for MONTHS. After I bought a new watch, I took the old watch and:
(1) Pressed and held down the release button;
(2) Grabbed the watch band with a pair if needle nosed pliers and aggressively pulled and tugged for almost 10 minutes.

The band came off and the watch was completely unscathed.

I now own 2 Apple Series 3 watches.

Islander843

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2019
Mine was stuck to the point I was worried it would never get “unstuck”. Very similar problem as described above. I finally sprayed tiny amounts of WD-40 on each side of the band socket as well as just a drop on the release button- the band wiggled out without much of a struggle. This is my first post- I hope it helps someone!

Larrington

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2020
I was successful in getting the band off with a hex tool. The smallest two sizes were able to fit in under the band and in the holder. My band did not have metal though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.