Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
I snagged one of these for when I am riding my bike or doing something I might really eff up the watch(and while it looks pretty bomb-proof as seen in videos, any minor blemish will bug me.) I wanted something that could pop on without have to take the watch off my wrist. May get a second one to keep in the car,

it is light, easy to take on and off, should protect the watch in a fall and actually looks good and barely noticeable.

View attachment 2298345
View attachment 2298346
(not my hand, from amazon reviews...)
I was considering this cover to use while I’m at work as it’s very easy for me to bash the watch against metal surfaces. I’ve been looking for a cover that’s quick and easy to attach and remove and also one that does not scratch the titanium, several reviews complain about that with many of the cases.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I was considering this cover to use while I’m at work as it’s very easy for me to bash the watch against metal surfaces. I’ve been looking for a cover that’s quick and easy to attach and remove and also one that does not scratch the titanium, several reviews complain about that with many of the cases.
This is exactly that for me. 2 seconds to put on, 2 seconds to take off. Cheap enough to have a couple lying around(like one at home and one at work for you) I want a second one in my car in case I have to do some rough work and don't want to risk it.

Literally quicker to put this on than take off the watch(with alpine loop and nice real leather "faux" Hermes band I wear to dress up the watch).

I do tend to clean this and/or the watch with a microfiber towel to try and keep scratches from developing. So far so good. The cover really is not noticeable when wearing it normally during the day and barely visually noticeable either.

Win-win if you want a quick on, quick off solution.

Reactions: sneeks

BeforeTheMeds

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2016
Edomx, MX
I went ahead and installed the Spigen cover. I actually like it not for the protection but for its looks. It mildly obstructs the crown wheel but since most of it functions are done on the screen it is no big deal.
I use that cover and really like the way it looks. Back when I wore regular watches I preferred this type of look. Wife also likes it.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Spend the 5 bucks a month on AppleCare for the Ultra if you are that worried about it, no need to these screen protectors or cases for them. I am very tough on my watches, never had an issue damaging them.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Spend the 5 bucks a month on AppleCare for the Ultra if you are that worried about it, no need to these screen protectors or cases for them. I am very tough on my watches, never had an issue damaging them.
I have had Applecare on all of my Apple stuff since My iPhone 6S. One important part of it is you get priority support when you call.

Reactions: Lobwedgephil

chalmers4three

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2012
I have had Applecare on all of my Apple stuff since My iPhone 6S. One important part of it is you get priority support when you call.
i thought applecare didn't cover cosmetic damage? I still have applecare but i did spend $20 for a clear screen protector for my AW2. After having scratches on previous apple watches i just don't want to risk it on this one (yes i know it is supposedly almost impossible to scratch)

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
i thought applecare didn't cover cosmetic damage? I still have applecare but i did spend $20 for a clear screen protector for my AW2. After having scratches on previous apple watches i just don't want to risk it on this one (yes i know it is supposedly almost impossible to scratch)
You are correct. AC+ doesn't cover cosmetic damage.

Reactions: transmaster

highdefjunkie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2010
Chicago
I ordered this off Amazon. Absolutely love it and get many compliments.

Screen Protector

And there’s a 20% coupon as well. Other companies make similar protectors and they come in different colors. I bought an orange one, but didn’t like it.

adam1080

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2012
I’d never bother with a screen protector with this sapphire screen but to protect from potentially eating 💩 while riding a bike or other activities… I pop this on and off when needed. Really barely noticeable (Spigen)

1699070726607.jpeg

1699071177474.jpeg

Reactions: joysmahal

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
imo the ultra doesnt need any protection its strong enough, i just use a pitaka air case on it for aesthetics every once in a while ive even scrapped it up against steel and its fine. i did the exact same thing on a old S1 watch and it scratched it easily lol

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I think I have a solution. Thinking back on my Military days we used watch bands that had a velcro flap the covered the watch face. Night vision equipment can pick up the luminous watch dials from a fair distance. Digital watches were not in common use at that time. I found one that I rather like. Basically you slide this over the existing watch and its watch band. The flap can be pulled over the watch. This slip cover is open on the bottom for the watch sensors. It can be quickly removed when you don't need it.

View attachment 2281043

View attachment 2281045
Now that I actually have an Apple Watch Ultra 2 this arm band would have an added benefit I would not have realized without wearing a winter coat. Cover up the Apple Watch and it goes into night mode thus increasing its battery life a little. Uncover it and it instantly wakes up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.