Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Hey all,

As the Apple Watch Ultra has been out for a while now I was just wondering if you use one of the three bands released for the Ultra, which is your favourite?

My watch came with the Green Alpine Loop. I then ordered the Midnight Ocean Band and finally ordered a Black/Grey Trail Loop. I have found myself using the Ocean Band the most.

I was surprised at this, being a runner and having used the Sport Loops a lot I was expecting to use the Trail Loop more. I think I am using the Ocean Band most as is doesn't need time to dry and it is a bit larger in size, which I think looks great with the 49mm case.

I am interested to hear which of these bands you all use.

Reactions: tommyboy9996

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
I've got a variety of bands (Ocean, Alpine, Trail and third party, including three leather bands from Threaded Leather) that I rotate through depending on mood and what I'm doing (going out to dinner, gym time, chill time). My fave, if I HAD to pick, would probably be the White Ocean Band. My AWU came with the Midnight band, and I liked it enough to order the white. I never have to worry about it getting dirty or sweaty, which isn't true of the other bands.

Baywatchboy

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2009
Got mine with a green Alpine band and liked it way more than I thought I would. Liked it so much, I bought an orange one. My issue with the Alpine band is when it gets sweaty. I feel like it will start to stink unless I clean it. Got an Ocean band and really like the way it looks, but I always feel like I'm going to tear it. I want to get another band, but not sure how much I'd like the Trail Loop.

Reactions: D1G1TALR0B0T

D1G1TALR0B0T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Got mine with a green Alpine band and liked it way more than I thought I would. Liked it so much, I bought an orange one. My issue with the Alpine band is when it gets sweaty. I feel like it will start to stink unless I clean it. Got an Ocean band and really like the way it looks, but I always feel like I'm going to tear it. I want to get another band, but not sure how much I'd like the Trail Loop.
I have been using the Trail Loop a lot more over the last few weeks for running. It is definitely the most comfortable band.

Reactions: Baywatchboy

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2015
NY
I started out with the trail loop. Ended up ordering a Nomad Active Leather band and been wearing that since it came in. I’d still like to get the green alpine loop, but hear too much about that one piece scratching the Watch.

As I wear my watch in both a casual and professional place, the Active Leather looks and works the part, but can get a little uncomfortable since it’ll either be too loose, or too tight - just wish I had an in-between those two notches. (My old 41mm active leather band worked perfectly for me)

So, that led me to think about the alpine loop again. Been tempted to get it since I like the green color, but not too sold on it quite yet.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
The band that came with my watch is basically brand new. I use my Nomad Ti bracelet exclusively.

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
I started out with the trail loop. Ended up ordering a Nomad Active Leather band and been wearing that since it came in. I’d still like to get the green alpine loop, but hear too much about that one piece scratching the Watch.

As I wear my watch in both a casual and professional place, the Active Leather looks and works the part, but can get a little uncomfortable since it’ll either be too loose, or too tight - just wish I had an in-between those two notches. (My old 41mm active leather band worked perfectly for me)

So, that led me to think about the alpine loop again. Been tempted to get it since I like the green color, but not too sold on it quite yet.
The key to the alpine loop is to get a size up. I bought the large and I can slide my hand through without the ghook coming close to touching the side of the watch. When it is buckled, I use the 3rd loop from the end, which also keeps it from being under my wrist.

danb1979

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2015
Preston, Lancs - UK
My Apple Watch Ultra lands with me tomorrow; I've gone with the large Orange alpine loop...

I've ordered an aftermarket stainless strap via Amazon UK too, so will see how that goes

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
I got the green Alpine Loop, but don't care for it much. I'm using my old Nike Sport Band and I love it. I have a knockoff Ocean Band that l like, but I don't wear it much. I'm waiting for Apple to release new colors for the spring to pick up something new.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I have an orange alpine which I like plus I ordered an aftermarket titanium band. I want to try out an ocean band and trail band though.

Reactions: danb1979

Baywatchboy

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2009
Has anyone had issues with the Nike Sport Bands on the Ultra? I loved them on my AW4, but they don't seem to fit as smoothly with the Ultra.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Has anyone had issues with the Nike Sport Bands on the Ultra? I loved them on my AW4, but they don't seem to fit as smoothly with the Ultra.
I use an old Nike sports band on my Ultra only when exercising. I've had it since the Apple Watch 3 (I think). Fits fine, probably cuz it's been used for years.

My only problem with it is that it's a little thin for a big watch like the Ultra, but it works. What I've been doing.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
IMG_0833.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

Buadhai

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2018
Korat, Thailand
I've been wearing my Ultra with the Ocean band that came with it since October. It's been fine for every day wear and for scuba diving.

However, the hot season has arrived in Thailand and now I have a rash where ocean band rubs my wrist. I need something more breathable.

I'm not one of these people who change bands frequently. Whatever I get will be on there until the end of the hot season or I go diving; whichever comes first.

I considered a stainless steel band. I wore one with my Seiko dive watch for many years, both in and out of the water. But, I haven't seen one that is as nice and flexible as the Seiko band.

Any ideas?

tempImage3P47cW.png

One possibility, but not so sideways flexible:

Titanium Apple Watch Ultra Band

applewatchultratitaniumband-sandmarc0_af7581f7-f66d-42b6-ab58-110992ab864e_1300x.jpg

Or,

Stainless Steel Monolink

216ca0cc867577a06ad499dad020d2b8.png

Last edited:

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
Alpine loop seems good, on my other watches I use NATO straps, so the alpine hook thing is as close as I’ll get without covering the rear sensors

Reactions: Buadhai

Vref

Suspended
Feb 16, 2023
DHP
I've been wearing my Ultra with the Ocean band that came with it since October. It's been fine for every day wear and for scuba diving.

However, the hot season has arrived in Thailand and now I have a rash where ocean band rubs my wrist. I need something more breathable.

I'm not one of these people who change bands frequently. Whatever I get will be on there until the end of the hot season or I go diving; whichever comes first.

I considered a stainless steel band. I wore one with my Seiko dive watch for many years, both in and out of the water. But, I haven't seen one that is as nice and flexible as the Seiko band.

Any ideas?

View attachment 2173918

One possibility, but not so sideways flexible:

Titanium Apple Watch Ultra Band

View attachment 2173920

Or,

Stainless Steel Monolink

View attachment 2173921

SS on Ti?

Dissimilar metals 😬

Reactions: Buadhai

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
SS on Ti?

Dissimilar metals 😬

According to Nomad (I have their Ti band), they say Apple specifications call for SS end links. I don't know if they are making that up, but they are a legitimate company and one of the first to come up with a true Ti bracelet.

• Why are the lugs made from stainless steel and not titanium?
    Apple specifically recommends 316L stainless steel for all lug bodies.

In the Faq section:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.