Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I sometimes just walk around the neighbourhood to grab a coffee and get some steps.

And on weekends I like to hike. I have a few favourite trails but it’s nice to try new ones now and then too.

As mentioned - AllTrails is great. And since you’re in England, also the Ordnance Survey app (OSMaps) is superb.

Both have free and paid modes. I use free generally but I’m up in Yorkshire right now and used a trial for OSMaps to use offline maps for my hike today. It’s a stretch to say I would have been lost without OSMaps as I also use the a Compass app backtrack feature, but coverage is spotty on the dales and the offline mode was super useful.

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I sometimes just walk around the neighbourhood to grab a coffee and get some steps.

And on weekends I like to hike. I have a few favourite trails but it’s nice to try new ones now and then too.

As mentioned - AllTrails is great. And since you’re in England, also the Ordnance Survey app (OSMaps) is superb.

Both have free and paid modes. I use free generally but I’m up in Yorkshire right now and used a trial for OSMaps to use offline maps for my hike today. It’s a stretch to say I would have been lost without OSMaps as I also use the a Compass app backtrack feature, but coverage is spotty on the dales and the offline mode was super useful.
Thanks, H.

Expos of 1969

Contributor
Aug 25, 2013
Since moving to Northern Europe almost seven years ago I have not had a car. I walk everywhere and take the subway or bus as needed. It is a 30 minute round trip by foot to the shopping centre and I usually have two heavy bags on the way home so that is a bit of a workout. I try to walk 5 to 10 KM most days at a good pace. I vary between three different routes. No music, no podcasts, just my thoughts and the sounds of nature or traffic. Keep moving as long as you can.

toobravetosave

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2021
That has crossed my mind, but I have OCD so couldn’t do with hair & mess.

I’d love one, though.

I have a hypoallergenic cockerpoo with virtually no shedding and the mess is just toys really. It’s a huge undertaking to get a dog dont get me wrong but you may be more compatible with the opportunity than you think!

• Love
Reactions: The Cockney Rebel

The Cockney Rebel

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 16, 2018
I have a hypoallergenic cockerpoo with virtually no shedding and the mess is just toys really. It’s a huge undertaking to get a dog dont get me wrong but you may be more compatible with the opportunity than you think!
Thanks, bud.

My favourite breed is the English Bull Terrier.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I started walking when I got my Apple Watch.

Really got into it, but it soon became boring.

So I stopped.

I’m thinking of starting again, but changing my route. Even if it’s just around the block, until I fill my rings.

Can any fellow walkers please share ideas for making walking enjoyable?

Thanks.
Go with Mrs AFB. Enjoy the natural world. Take my camera.

Reactions: The Cockney Rebel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.