Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davion.harvey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2016
Dallas
Was wondering if theres a way to download the beta software for Apple Watch without the developer id, had it on my watch at one point but uninstalled and now can't find the site to which I downloaded the profile

Reactions: dooku77

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Be a good boy and send in your bug reports as you find them in the beta. Help out the rest of us who are waiting for the public release.

Oh, that's not your plan?

Gwhite1

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2015
Be a good boy and send in your bug reports as you find them in the beta. Help out the rest of us who are waiting for the public release.

Oh, that's not your plan?

Mm patronising how nice.

To be honest the beta is working great. My watch has crashed once in a week and the batter is holding up really well.

Gary

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Mm patronising how nice.

To be honest the beta is working great. My watch has crashed once in a week and the batter is holding up really well.

Gary

You didn't realise that Macrumors is home of the users that get on their high horse when betas are involved? lol I've not seen a thread involving a beta on here where someone hasn't made some snarky comment like that.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
I just think it's stupid when people complain about their beta installs doing beta things, like crashing or data loss, especially when they have no experience or knowledge about testing or debugging software.

It's not hard at all to get a developer account, either. Why not participate in the process?

Reactions: mattopotamus

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I just think it's stupid when people complain about their beta installs doing beta things, like crashing or data loss, especially when they have no experience or knowledge about testing or debugging software.

It's not hard at all to get a developer account, either. Why not participate in the process?

I think it's stupid when people complain about beta users and make assumptions about whether they know anything about testing or whether they're going to report bugs.

How do you know the person isn't going to submit bugs? Majority of threads I see on here from people using the beta isn't to complain about data loss and that, but more people wanting to see if their issue is common place, or unique. A lot report those issues.

I'm not saying there aren't daft people putting betas on too and making silly comments, but they're the minority.

Apple haven't put the Watch in public beta yet and some people don't want to fork out $99 just for that. I didn't last year, but still I joined in with others discussing our issues and experiences and reported bugs to Apple.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
As per our rules, providing links to the beta is not permitted. Please use the official download process provided by Apple

Camperniki

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
Maybe someone here can help me. Running iOS 10 and installed the watch OS profile but the watch won't find the os3 update. Am I missing something? IMG_2040.PNG IMG_2041.PNG

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Was wondering if theres a way to download the beta software for Apple Watch without the developer id, had it on my watch at one point but uninstalled and now can't find the site to which I downloaded the profile
As the moderator posted, posting download links to beta software is not permitted. With that being said I'm sure there are some other sites out there where you could get the watchOS 3 beta configuration profile. Google could be your friend here.

Reactions: ladytonya

Camperniki

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
Southern California
As the moderator posted, posting download links to beta software is not permitted. With that being said I'm sure there are some other sites out there where you could get the watchOS 3 beta configuration profile. Google could be your friend here.
I downloaded iOS 10 without one. DinoD7 on YouTube will help

EDIT: apparently even tho it has a watch option, it only installs iOS beta profiles

Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Not sure what you're talking about because all wOS betas have been non-public betas.

You realise the people you're replying to posted that 5 months ago?!

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Maybe someone here can help me. Running iOS 10 and installed the watch OS profile but the watch won't find the os3 update. Am I missing something? View attachment 635930 View attachment 635931

Are you a paid developer? If not, that's what it'll show but it won't let you install the wOS beta.
[doublepost=1465934314][/doublepost]
You realise the people you're replying to posted that 5 months ago?!

Still stands as we've never had a public wOS beta.

deadworlds

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
Citrus Heights,CA
Maybe someone here can help me. Running iOS 10 and installed the watch OS profile but the watch won't find the os3 update. Am I missing something? View attachment 635930 View attachment 635931

This is how the profiles should look like in your apple watch app. I had to install a separate watchOS 3 configuration profile in order to get the download. Using the iOS beta configuration profile will not work, at least in my case it didn't.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.PNG
    IMG_2774.PNG
    81.4 KB · Views: 272
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.