Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
so far ios 10 isnt half bad. It's not a huge upgrade for the average user but otherwise i dont have any other complaints besides onnneee thing... THE LOCK SCREEN! Now it takes me twice as long at least to unlock as it did before. The lockscreen wasn't done right. Widgets should have been on the main screen.

Reactions: CBJammin103

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
so far ios 10 isnt half bad. It's not a huge upgrade for the average user but otherwise i dont have any other complaints besides onnneee thing... THE LOCK SCREEN! Now it takes me twice as long at least to unlock as it did before. The lockscreen wasn't done right. Widgets should have been on the main screen.
Widgets just become something you scroll through. Trust me, you don't actually want them on your springboard.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So why twice as long?

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
So why twice as long?
Instead of pressing the home button and leaving my finger resting on the touch id sensor, now i have to press it for the screen to come on and then press again to unlock? That's just more work. I tried to just raise my phone to wake up but it won't wake up if i move it. Oh well. I'll wait for the next beta before upgrading and staying

Reactions: g-7

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Instead of pressing the home button and leaving my finger resting on the touch id sensor, now i have to press it for the screen to come on and then press again to unlock? That's just more work. I tried to just raise my phone to wake up but it won't wake up if i move it. Oh well. I'll wait for the next beta before upgrading and staying

Works the same as it always as for me.

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
You raise the phone to wake it up, then you do things with the home button.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Nope. You still just need to press ONCE to both unlock and enter home screen. Goes better with 6s series.

Reactions: ladytonya

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008

You can do it the same way as before. But now, you can raise your phone and it will wake up allowing you to scroll through notifications. Before, you'd either need to wake with the lock button or use your fingernail to press the home button.

Reactions: shenfrey

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Blame the stupid people who complained about Touch ID being fast like come on just press the lock button to see notifications
Yeah i think that's it. For real though i had to downgrade just because it took me too long to get into my phone. Oh well. Hopefully they tweak it some before the final release.

oeyvind

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
Yes! How do one disable the widget showing when one unlocks the phone??

https://goo.gl/photos/6yVzW3G8nf9vMnoD6

Having to click on the home button to get to the home screen after touchid authentication is stupid!

I tried disable all widgets and it will still load to the empty widget notification screen... looks like it's a bug one have to live with

dlewis23

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Yes! How do one disable the widget showing when one unlocks the phone??

https://goo.gl/photos/6yVzW3G8nf9vMnoD6

Having to click on the home button to get to the home screen after touchid authentication is stupid!

I tried disable all widgets and it will still load to the empty widget notification screen... looks like it's a bug one have to live with

I don't know how you made the widgets show with out swiping, thats not normal. You don't have to click the button again, if you click and rest your finger for the moment as normal it goes right to the home screen.

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
OMG this is really dumb. WTF. Apple listens to the stupid crit. about the home screen being too fast to open.

oeyvind

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2002
I don't know how you made the widgets show with out swiping, thats not normal. You don't have to click the button again, if you click and rest your finger for the moment as normal it goes right to the home screen.

Last edited:

timshundo

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2009
San Francisco, CA
iOS 9's Touch ID/unlock implementation made sense for the old, slower version of Touch ID because you could just raise your finger after unlocking with the home button. They didn't account for the next version of Touch ID being fast... Too fast. The unlock-too-fast issue is real and they're fixing their mistake, which may mean that it's slower, but now there are no holes in the UI logic. Now it's un-****upable.

Just get used to it.

Reactions: ZEEN0j

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2015
the real problem with lock screen now is notification. Its really ugly at a point that I think I will stay with iOS 9 as long as I can.

Is it okay security wise to stick with the previous iOS release months after the new comes out?

blasto2236

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2012
The way it has been working for me that has caused me to change my behavior is this: before, I could wake with the sleep/wake button to view the lock screen, and then simply tap (not press) the home button to get in to the phone.

Now, simply authenticating via TouchID will not bypass the lock screen, it requires an actual press of the home button. I think this is actually rather ingenious. It's just going to take some getting used to, as I've already trained my brain to avoid pressing the home button when unlocking the phone.

Reactions: tiptopp

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
One thing I hate about current lock screen in beta 1 is: continuity has no way to be called from lock screen.
in iOS 9, just swipe up bottom left corner app icon to call it. But Now! I have no way to call it.

Ge.nu

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
One thing I hate about current lock screen in beta 1 is: continuity has no way to be called from lock screen.
in iOS 9, just swipe up bottom left corner app icon to call it. But Now! I have no way to call it.

works the same as before to me...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.