Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frantisekj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2017
Deep inside Europe :-)
Whether Siri will be able explain users that all starts in their mind and missteps in life then it is breakthrough. Otherwise it is just illusion that technology can makes our life better. No, it can make it just easier.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I don’t think anyone did.

I also never said I want Siri improvements. The rumor always was that Siri was behind because Apple wouldn’t compromise on privacy. I was fine with that.

Putting words in other people’s mouths? Silly.

I knew. How did you "think" they were going to improve it without people listening to it? Total lack of logical thinking. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Oh wait, you didn't want it to improve. Sigh.

Last edited:

Frantisekj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2017
Deep inside Europe :-)
"Hey Siri, I have chest pains"
"Here are sites I found for pest claims"
"No Siri, my heart hurts"
"Here are sites I found for fart bursts"

When it will change to: Have you had any unpleasant talk to relative/colleague, are you under sustained stress, have you lost someone recently and so on then it will be new direction....

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Interesting, if true. As a licensed medical provider, (emergency/trauma RN), I'm not even allowed to give medical advice over the phone when you call because I can't see you, assess you, et cetera and it's a major liability. Thus, we are trained not to give advice when patients call in.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I knew. How did you "think" they were going to improve it without people listening to it? Total lack of logical thinking. Good luck in your future endeavors.

Oh wait, you didn't want it to improve. Sigh.
Claims to hace mind reading powers. Again, I never said I needed Siri to improve. I’d always prefer Siri be last if it meant protecting my privacy.

Sigh.

Last edited:

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
Claims to face mind reading powers. Again, I never said I needed Siri to improve. I’d always prefer Siri be last if it meant protecting my privacy.

Sigh.

I have no idea what you just said. I never claimed to read minds. Heck, I can't even read that post. I think the vast majority of us want Siri to improve and it will continue to do so. If you are concerned about your privacy you should probably turn it off. good luck to you.

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I have no idea what you just said. I never claimed to read minds. Heck, I can't even read that post. I think the vast majority of us want Siri to improve and it will continue to do so. If you are concerned about your privacy you should probably turn it off. good luck to you.
There’s a middle ground between being able to listen to our private lives and improving a product.

Not giving users the ability to opt out goes against the image Apple has built up about being privacy focused. And they hid the program. The program only came to light after a whistleblower called Apple out.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
There’s a middle ground between being able to listen to our private lives and improving a product.

Not giving users the ability to opt out goes against the image Apple has built up about being privacy focused. And they hid the program. The program only came to light after a whistleblower called Apple out.

I'm not sure you understand how Siri works. I always knew that a human would have to be listening to some Siri messages in order to improve it. Understanding how Siri works and what must be done to make it better, I have absolutely no privacy concerns

btrach144

macrumors demi-god
Aug 28, 2015
Indiana
I'm not sure you understand how Siri works. I always knew that a human would have to be listening to some Siri messages in order to improve it. Understanding how Siri works and what must be done to make it better, I have absolutely no privacy concerns
How did you know that a human was going to have access to the Siri messages? Apple never alerted users this was going on.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I'm wondering if Siri will be better by then in that area. or any other. It seems she knows more about sports scores than anything else.

TheFluffyDuck

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2012
  1. Apple Card.
  2. Contract your iPhone.
  3. Subscribe to digital media services.
  4. Apple positioning itself into healthcare.
I find this a plot to a dystopian nightmare myself. Where you own nothing, they own everything. Including your money, and accesses to healthcare. Facebook even wants to bypass the US economy and come up with its own currency.

Houses you rent.
Cars, you lease.
Phones and computers you lease.
The media you consume you subscribe.
Your money will soon be converted to corporation specific 'Micky Mouse' money.
Thanks to automation, even your income will be supplied by UBI in the coming decades.

Exactly where will our rights come from when all our bargaining power is gone (aka, your ownership, and your labour?). It's a frightening direction we are on one $9.95 per month at a time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.