Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
I got an XS through the iPhone Upgrade Program today. My receipt shows it includes AppleCare+. However, when I check my eligibility, it’s not there. I called Apple, they verified that it wasn’t there and tried to patch me through to AppleCare. It was outside of business hours, so the call disconnected.

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Is anyone having this problem?

Last edited:

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
I think it’s an apple system issue. They can’t figure out why I’m getting an error message when trying to add AppleCare to my phone that came today. Phone support couldn’t even figure it out, and AppleCare was closed. They setup a callback with the AppleCare department for tomorrow at 10am. I would call back and say you want to schedule a call with the AppleCare/agreement department. I just hung up 10 mins ago and the day was pretty wide open. Had my choices of appointments.

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2018
I got an XS through the iPhone Upgrade Program today. My receipt shows it includes AppleCare+. However, when I check my eligibility, it’s not there. I called Apple, they verified that it wasn’t there and tried to patch me through to AppleCare. It was outside of business hours, so the call disconnected.

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Is anyone having this problem?

It’s on your receipt so you are covered and have nothing to worry about. I, like you, would want to make sure it shows on the website too. Wait until Monday, give the site a chance to sort itself out and if it’s still not showing call Apple back. They can escalate this issue and fix it normally within 24 hours. 48 at most and you will then see it online like you want and should be able to. It’s launch, thousands and thousands have purchased AC with their new phones so these sort of glitches and mishaps can happen.

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
I didn’t check the link you provided, but I did get an email from Apple that my phone is covered with AppleCare.

Did you get the same email?

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
I didn’t check the link you provided, but I did get an email from Apple that my phone is covered with AppleCare.

Did you get the same email?
I didn’t get an email. Their website shows I’m not covered.
[doublepost=1537645574][/doublepost]No luck getting it sorted out today. They told me Apple would call me within 14 days.

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2018
I didn’t get an email. Their website shows I’m not covered.

The email normally comes after AC+ has been linked to the phone. If it isn’t showing on the website by Monday simply call and they will fix it. Had it happen in the past and if I recall correctly I had the coverage email and warranty showing on the website within two business days.

Reactions: Payton34

Europa13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
The email normally comes after AC+ has been linked to the phone. If it isn’t showing on the website by Monday simply call and they will fix it. Had it happen in the past and if I recall correctly I had the coverage email and warranty showing on the website within two business days.
Thanks. I plan on doing that Monday rather than waiting up to 14 days for their return call.

Reactions: 1136629

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
Same here, two phones. They are both on the IUP, but only one current shows apple care+ coverage. I’m sure it’s a glitch and I have the receipt, would just like it sorted.

rxtiger

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2010
I called today and got escalated to tier 2. They are aware that some iPhones purchased via IUP have not registered yet and are working on them. My phone didn't even show the purchase date, which she said was odd but she did show coverage. They will call me back in 48 hours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.