Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy today has every model of the 2022 13-inch MacBook Air available for $150 off, matching previous all-time low prices on the notebooks. These prices are available to all shoppers and do not require a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership.

macbook-air-spacegray-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The 256GB model is on sale for $849.00 and the 512GB model is available for $1,049.00. These deals beat the previous prices we tracked earlier in the year by about $50.

You can get both models in all four colors: Starlight, Space Gray, Silver, and Midnight. Following the introduction of the M3 MacBook Air, Apple knocked the price of the 13-inch M2 MacBook Air down by $100, and it's still selling them alongside the M3 model.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Apple's 13-Inch M2 MacBook Air Hits Record Low Prices at Best Buy, Starting at $849

ChronicLynx

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2018
8gb of RAM is disgusting and insulting. Nobody should be buying this laptop.

WTF is Apple thinking? They should be getting absolutely blasted by everyone for this.
I’d wager most people are using their computer for Microsoft Office, Zoom, or browsing the web. 8GB is plenty for those people. The “power user” is a very small minority.

jb310

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2017
I'm tempted to get this to replace the old iMac I've been using at home. Pair it with an inexpensive monitor and I imagine it'll make for a surprisingly good "desktop" experience. 👀

ChronicLynx

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2018
Browsing the web with lots of open tabs needs more than 8GB unless one is OK with constant swap to SSD (which means SSD will fail sooner).
Again, the average user doesn’t know what an SSD is or swap. I doubt they are even using that many tabs because they aren’t doing much on their computer. I know a lot of older folks who go on the computer and check their email and that’s about it. These computers are perfect for that kind of person.

You’ll buy more RAM if you know you need it. If you have to ask you probably don’t need more RAM. This entire forum is an echo chamber because you have to be at a certain level of technical adeptness to even sign up and start posting here.

trip1ex

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2008
8gb ram is like $50. Shouldn't be paying this low of a price for only 8gb less RAM than the 16gb model. Disgusting bone thrown by Apple to the peasants.

elliotmoore91

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2019

Best Buy today has every model of the 2022 13-inch MacBook Air available for $150 off, matching previous all-time low prices on the notebooks. These prices are available to all shoppers and do not require a My Best Buy Plus/Total membership.

macbook-air-spacegray-purple.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

The 256GB model is on sale for $849.00 and the 512GB model is available for $1,049.00. These deals beat the previous prices we tracked earlier in the year by about $50.

You can get both models in all four colors: Starlight, Space Gray, Silver, and Midnight. Following the introduction of the M3 MacBook Air, Apple knocked the price of the 13-inch M2 MacBook Air down by $100, and it's still selling them alongside the M3 model.

Be sure to visit our full Deals Roundup to shop for even more Apple-related products and accessories.

Article Link: Apple's 13-Inch M2 MacBook Air Hits Record Low Prices at Best Buy, Starting at $849

All i know is that people unfamiliar with macs are buying them...then realise how bad they are and put them on facebook marketplace. There are literally thousands of listings for these things but none for 16 GB and above.

elliotmoore91

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2019
Again, the average user doesn’t know what an SSD is or swap. I doubt they are even using that many tabs because they aren’t doing much on their computer. I know a lot of older folks who go on the computer and check their email and that’s about it. These computers are perfect for that kind of person.

You’ll buy more RAM if you know you need it. If you have to ask you probably don’t need more RAM. This entire forum is an echo chamber because you have to be at a certain level of technical adeptness to even sign up and start posting here.
I have to question what todays definition of "the average user" actually is.

The younger generations in particular were born into an era of the internet, ipads and macbooks. They havnt known anything else and are very competent with technology. They certainly know what RAM is all about.

I agree with the example of it being fine for current older folks but as time goes on and millennials begin to enter their twilight years, i'm not convinced they will be so easy to manipulate in the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMojo1 and max2

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
My son has been using his M1 air for almost 3 years now and he does everything including programming in it and he hasn’t had any problems.
Does he have only 8GB? Has he checked the SSD health?

amaze1499

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2014
No surprise here. And it's still a bad deal. 8GB will wear out the soldered 256GB ssd in no time. Repair possible? Sure. Get a new machine.

• Love
Reactions: turbineseaplane

svish

macrumors G3
Nov 25, 2017
Good price for M2 Air. Also good to see discounts on different models recently.

ChronicLynx

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2018
I have to question what todays definition of "the average user" actually is.

The younger generations in particular were born into an era of the internet, ipads and macbooks. They havnt known anything else are are very competent with technology. They certainly know what RAM is all about.

I agree with the example of it being fine for current older folks but as time goes on and millennials begin to enter their twilight years, i'm not convinced they will be so easy to manipulate in the same way.
I think you’re 100% correct, but Apple is selling products to people now. The older generations still hold over half of the current total wealth in the United States. When you’re concerned about extracting the maximum amount of profit, giving 16GB of RAM to someone who doesn’t know or care is throwing away profit. Apple is not your friend, they’re a public corporation.

When the market changes, so too will Apple. I don’t think that time is here yet.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
My son has been using his M1 air for almost 3 years now and he does everything including programming in it and he hasn’t had any problems.

I don't really understand the real value (or not) of anec-data like this

You could sub in "2014 iMac" for "M1 air" here and it would almost certainly apply equally well

JohnnyApple$eed

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2015
I wish they'd put the 16GB/1TB version on sale...8GB is not enough!

I wish they'd put the 16GB/1TB version on sale...8GB is not enough!
Hard for Best Buy to do that given they don’t sell that config in a 13” model. Go for the 15” and you’ll get $400 off which is excellent savings.
Let us know how you like it. Mine is prefect and a beast compared to my loaded 2017 15” MBP.

JohnnyApple$eed

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2015
8gb of RAM is disgusting and insulting. Nobody should be buying this laptop.

WTF is Apple thinking? They should be getting absolutely blasted by everyone for this.
That base setup is what my wife uses in her real estate business. She works in office apps, Canva and multi-tasks many other apps. The M2 blows away her 2019 MBP 13” with the same configuration. I think your opinion is a bit naive.

Reactions: ChronicLynx

JohnnyApple$eed

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2015
Does he have only 8GB? Has he checked the SSD health?
“While it usually takes a really long time to wear out an SSD—likely far longer than you’ll keep your Mac—problems can arise.”

Just curious if you’ve had a Mac with memory swap long enough to back your comment up. I’m seriously asking because SSD last far longer than spinning drives, and I’ve never had an SSD fail in my time of use. I can’t imagine I’d have my Mac that long to see affects of memory swap on a SSD.
Browsing the web with lots of open tabs needs more than 8GB unless one is OK with constant swap to SSD (which means SSD will fail sooner).
A constant swap of SSD???

Just curious if you’ve had a Mac with memory swap long enough to back your comment up. I’m seriously asking because SSD last far longer than spinning drives, and I’ve never had an SSD fail in my time of use. I can’t imagine I’d have my Mac that long to see effects of memory swap on a SSD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.