Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
That looks very similar to the Timbuk2 Quickie. It also has memory foam nods inside.

Yes, very similar. Highly recommended for protection.

PS Also found a great seller on ebay who is selling an awesome case that fits the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard like a glove. It adds nothing to the size of the keyboard...fits like a glove...Now, I won't feel so bad about jamming it in my bag.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
Looked at your first link. Sorry but for me that looks like a cheap plastic washbag or toilet bag. And avoid zips categorical because they can scratch the iPad's body and maybe the glass even when the zips are made of plastic!

Crap. Completely crap.

Then don't get one, skippy.

Besides you are dead wrong on every point. To be honest, I feel that your last line ("Crap. Completely crap.") applies more aptly to your post than to describe the Zeroshock.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2010
I just don't like how it screams "I have an iPad inside me." I'm currently rocking a Yoobao case but it will soon be replaced with the Pad & Quill case which will make my iPad fuffhceven more stealthy.

Since I take my iPad everywhere (and sometimes set it down at work when I need to help a customer) I need a case that looks professional and doesn't let everyone know what is inside it.

Exactly how does it scream " I have an Ipad inside me"?

Are you referring to the very subtle apple logo on the front?

I just love these posts!:D

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles

Exactly! I was thinking the aame thing. I guess NOBODY would EVER be able to figure out on their own that you had an iPad (or some valuable electronics) in there WITHOUT that Apple logo...ROFLMAO...You are so right.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
i think original Apple's iPad case is the best. I know i can get better one with real leather and stuff but they are all thicker than the original Apple's iPad case. Agree? i don't really like to put it in the case anyway but when i take it outside i have no choice but to put it in the case. so i want compact not really bulky case. What do you guys think?

I think i'm gonna get one...

Thanks

Apple's iPad case is a joke, design only with pure profits in mind. Think about it, that case costs under $1 to make in China, and they sell it for how much?

Sharp edges, collects dirt and dust ... being a """Design Company""" they could of done much much better.

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I have a love / hate feeling about the Apple case. Overall I prefer to use the iPad at home without any case but when out of the house I wouldn't feel safe without a case. The Apple one is a good mix of functionality and small issue. I love the grip from the material but hate the material otherwise. Never seen anything that collects dust, fingerprints, etc... like this thing can. It drives me insane in that aspect.

And for those complaining about the "sharp" edges, are you serious? It's a rubber like material, it will bend before it cuts anything. The edges on the iPad itself are sharper than the case.

ElCidRo

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2010
its not bollocks - maybe not 99% - but its better than 50% for sure
but then again its also more expensive than 50% of the 3rd party cases

SVT Amateur

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2006
Tyler, Texas

:) I'm here to bring pleasure.

Honestly, yes, it's the Apple logo. And maybe it isn't screaming but rather talking loudly. In my opinion the logo is a little more than subtle.

The iPad is a hot device - we all know it - and while the Apple case is a nice case I am of the opinion that if someone didn't already know what was inside the case the Apple logo will definitely give them the answer.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
No, it's 200000+ air miles in 22 countries over 5 months. It's experience talking.
Experience yes... with the Apple kool-aid.

Seriously, the Apple case has a variety of flaws. They may not bother you but they are flaws nonetheless. By no objective measure can the claim be made that it is better than 99% of the cases for 99% of iPad owners. You like it, that's fine... nobody is trying to convince you NOT to like it.

Sleazy E

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2009
Disneyland
the apple case is indeed the best case available. if you are looking for protection from drops then you shouldn't own an ipad. would you be looking for laptop cases that protect them from drops? Don't drop your stuff.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
the apple case is indeed the best case available. if you are looking for protection from drops then you shouldn't own an ipad. would you be looking for laptop cases that protect them from drops? Don't drop your stuff.
The Apple case nearly completely obscures the iPad speakers. The seamed edge interferes with operation of the volume rocker. The case material shows the skin oil of fingerprints more than most other cases. The case partially covers the front glass which traps dust and other particles that will actually INCREASE the possibility of scratches and scuffs. There are many cases available that do not suffer from those issues.

Darth Maniac

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2010
The Apple case nearly completely obscures the iPad speakers. The seamed edge interferes with operation of the volume rocker. The case material shows the skin oil of fingerprints more than most other cases. The case partially covers the front glass which traps dust and other particles that will actually INCREASE the possibility of scratches and scuffs. There are many cases available that do not suffer from those issues.

Totally agree - I dont see why some people are getting agitated when people criticise the official case. It has some major flaws - its a great design ruined by poor implementation.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
My god. Everyone has their own opinions and their preference in cases. Apple's iPad case isn't a bad case and they chose to make it from that certain material that gets dirty quick but also can get cleaned easily too, so just don't get it if you don't like it.

As for that sharp edges, they don't bother me at all. Maybe I'm not that sensitive. Most brand name cases out there are made cheaply (in cost) and retail for way more, so why even bother?

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
My god. Everyone has their own opinions and their preference in cases. Apple's iPad case isn't a bad case and they chose to make it from that certain material that gets dirty quick but also can get cleaned easily too, so just don't get it if you don't like it.

It's actually quite entertaining.
popcorn.gif
Too bad the thread ceased being a tool for providing real information, however.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.