Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nica

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2014
Long Beach, CA
Tax Credits

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it already, but in the state of California, certain industries get tax credits for training their employees to keep them competitive (known as ETT). Of course, this wouldn't be the only reason to do it, but it's a nice incentive ;)

krravi

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2010
I feel badly that you have such difficult with simple things. It must be a difficult life.

I've never had problems with the Apple remote, nor has anyone else I know.

DirecTV remote, though? VERY slow response time.

Well I don't drink the Apple Koolaid, could that be the reason?

Love my Samsung TV Remote which has a firm button push and feels just right.

See Flat

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
Anyone else getting a creepy vibe from that? ... Why is Apple trying to make so much money? I feel they must envision something greater.

But perhaps this article actually says much less...

You must have had tin foil on your head as these thoughts occurred to you. Or else your iDevices would have taken care of your free spirited thinking.

chrisbru

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
Austin, TX
Well I don't drink the Apple Koolaid, could that be the reason?

Love my Samsung TV Remote which has a firm button push and feels just right.

I don't know what Apple Koolaid is, is that the red one? I try to avoid koolaid in general.

Different strokes, I guess. Never used a Samsung TV Remote. My Sony and LG remotes are ok, but have a LOT of buttons that go unused. My apple remote gets the most use out of all of them.

ownamac

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Apple fosters the future success of its employees by providing such training. Few organizations have the history, commitment to excellence, or resources to provide in-house education on the level described.

I had heard of this training a couple years ago but glad to learn more about it as it increases my confidence in holding AAPL shares longer term.

Last edited:

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
Obviously a company that cares about who they hire and makes sure when your hired you know what the culture is and what is expected! Nothing. New really but nice to see the bigger this comp gets ,they stay focused preventing fragmentation!

ricci

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2012
NYC
I'm going to have nightmares tonight ! I keep seeing this guy blowing kisses at me?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.