Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Sure there is, because you DON'T boycott. You purchase one of the most evil companies devices. Using slave labor and coddling the Chinese government. Again, you are hypocritical.
Now I get it, you hate Apple. Why didn't you say that in the first place?
Look, I don't like the way they do business either, but I won't suffer with Windows for it. I actually tried a couple of years ago after my previous Mini crapped out but I just couldn't take it.
Until Apple pisses me off beyond repair I'm still going to use their OS.

Steve Adams

Suspended
Dec 16, 2020
Now I get it, you hate Apple. Why didn't you say that in the first place?
Look, I don't like the way they do business either, but I won't suffer with Windows for it. I actually tried a couple of years ago after my previous Mini crapped out but I just couldn't take it.
Until Apple pisses me off beyond repair I'm still going to use their OS.
They drove me to dislike them. From my iPhone having constant software and connectivity issues, to scabbing me my paid aperture subscription. However, my dislike of apple has nothing to do with your hypocracy.

oopsroger

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2013
China is a good example how one nation managed to make everyone their little b … in such a short time. Ignorance is a bliss when you still make a lot of money I guess. It’s quite similar how other countries looked the other way with Nazi Germany and those initial „rumors“ of concentration camps back in the day, because making money was more important (until they tried to start a war on you). There should be a paper on that. Would be quite interesting to know how nazi Germany would have been handled if they had not started a war at everyone and kept to themselves. This is not bashing Apple, just telling about our society as a whole
Know-it-alls like you are the reason why the world is filled with conflicts. No basic respect to people of different culture.

Steve Adams

Suspended
Dec 16, 2020
Things are more nuanced than that. But YMMV.
that's your opinion. He's "boycotting" China for the exact same reasons that apple and china are in bed together. No more nuanced than that. If you want to boycott something, grow a pair and boycott it, or get off the soap box and stay quiet.

• Disagree
Reactions: steve333

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
that's your opinion. He's "boycotting" China for the exact same reasons that apple and china are in bed together. No more nuanced than that. If you want to boycott something, grow a pair and boycott it, or get off the soap box and stay quiet.
Correct. In my opinion. I have no problem with anybody's opinion, or anybody doing what they feel is best. I don't agree it's all or nothing, and I don't have to get off "the MR soapbox." But YMMV.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Know-it-alls like you are the reason why the world is filled with conflicts. No basic respect to people of different culture.

I’d say inability to progress and learn from history is a much bigger issue than people raising criticism.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.