Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Today marks April 1st -- or April Fools Day.

Rumors, and rumor sites in general tend to draw their share of "April Fool"ers. Please refrain from posting April Fools posts in all but the Community Discussion forums to prevent an overflow of these postings.

And keep this in mind while visiting other sites on this day... :)

Article Link: April Fools: April 1, 2003

joed

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2002
Budapest, Hungary
Just curious, is the US the same where all pranks occur upto midday on April Fools? If they're done after midday then the jokes on the prankster!

James.

DreaminDirector

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2002
Ladera Ranch, CA
the truth....

Suddenly, I can see apple releasing the "rumored" PDA/Tablet/iWhatever today.

That would a sick, sick joke.
It would make me cry.

Then we'd all laugh about how we thought we actually needed something like an Apple tablet.

Then we'd cry again....

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Re: the truth....

Originally posted by DreaminDirector
Suddenly, I can see apple releasing the "rumored" PDA/Tablet/iWhatever today.

and no one would believe it... not for a few days...

arn

maler

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2002
Praha, Czech republic
Today Americans play small tricks on friends and strangers alike on the first of April.

And what about frenchs? Britishs? Germans? Czechs? Or did Americans invented april jokes and have patent for it? i don't belive my eyes...

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Originally posted by maler
Today Americans play small tricks on friends and strangers alike on the first of April.

And what about frenchs? Britishs? Germans? Czechs? Or did Americans invented april jokes and have patent for it? i don't belive my eyes...

:) I was actually just quoting the piece I had linked to. I suppose it is international. I've removed the quote.

arn

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
For along time I've been saying I've expected a BIG product announcement today. :cool:

Just never said I expected it to be "real" :p

maler

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2002
Praha, Czech republic

actualy, on the site of the USambassy is swedish , there is that April jokes are "invented" by Frenchs :) Say this on CNN and you will hear no lough in US today :)

maler

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2002
Praha, Czech republic
Oh, and just for info, on our site Mujmac.cz i posted "april article" about takeover of Apple by Intel :) most of reads have positive feedback :) it's made litle bit less official, because otherwise some of them will belive in it :) if you can read czech :) you can visit mujmac.cz :)))

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
The one merger I'd fear...

Two of the biggest innovators in the US have merged today. Yes folks Apple has merged with RonCo.

Ron Popeil will be taking of the day-to-day operations of the merged company, and act as the head of hardware development.

Steve Jobs will remain with the company and head up the reformed Claris unit. The Claris unit will responsible for all operating system and software development for the newly merged company.

With the innovative synergies of these two companies, you can expect a whole host of new features to be included in returning classic iMac.

You will also be eligible to participate in the famous RonCo payment plan for your classic iMac purchase -- just 10 easy payments of $39.95, act now and we'll include and inside-the-shell electric egg scrambler.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Sun and Apple

Hey, lets not forget about the one where Sun Microsystems bought out Apple. That was funny because people believe it for days.. I think cnet even said it was true.

-Hugh

Originally posted by maler
Oh, and just for info, on our site Mujmac.cz i posted "april article" about takeover of Apple by Intel :) most of reads have positive feedback :) it's made litle bit less official, because otherwise some of them will belive in it :) if you can read czech :) you can visit mujmac.cz :)))

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
My New Car!

I don't know how this was missed in the rumor mill but I just drove off the lot in my new Apple iCar!

This car is great *and* it's compatible with ALL roads. I can even pull up to any gas station to refuel.

The car has two 1.43 liter engines and can do 0 to 60gb, er I mean 60mph in 3 seconds. The steering wheel is cool, it's clear plastic and says "Superdrive" on it. But strangley enough the iTunes radio only has one button but it is iPod compatible. The iTrunk is very roomy and comes with 19" rails in case you need to mount any xServers.

On the road the iCar feels great. Sure, other cars can pass me but I notice, as I keep driving, they seem to crash quiet a bit.

Happy April Fools day all!
:)

MACaccino

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2003
Re: My New Car!

Originally posted by Steamboatwillie
I don't know how this was missed in the rumor mill but I just drove off the lot in my new Apple iCar!

This car is great *and* it's compatible with ALL roads. I can even pull up to any gas station to refuel.

The car has two 1.43 liter engines and can do 0 to 60gb, er I mean 60mph in 3 seconds. The steering wheel is cool, it's clear plastic and says "Superdrive" on it. But strangley enough the iTunes radio only has one button but it is iPod compatible. The iTrunk is very roomy and comes with 19" rails in case you need to mount any xServers.

On the road the iCar feels great. Sure, other cars can pass me but I notice, as I keep driving, they seem to crash quiet a bit.

Happy April Fools day all!

You really need to check out the iCar LSX. There is an iMac sticking out of the iDash, which of course has the speedometer, fuel gauge etc. on the dock feature. I even got a $200 student discount on the optional iMoonroof. And the engine is overclocked to 1.51Ghz!

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Re: Re: My New Car!

Originally posted by MACaccino
You really need to check out the iCar LSX. There is an iMac sticking out of the iDash, which of course has the speedometer, fuel gauge etc. on the dock feature. I even got a $200 student discount on the optional iMoonroof. And the engine is overclocked to 1.51Ghz!

I was going to buy one but I had read online that the A/C fan was really noisy...

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Re: Re: Re: Re: My New Car!

Originally posted by mangoman
Barr Harrr Harrrr. Good one! :D

They did a recall on the iCar LSX fan but the shipping cost for the car was way way too much ;-)

Why couldn't they just swap it out at the Apple store? tsk, tsk, tsk...

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Is the sparse field of April Fools news items the real April Fools joke, get everybody worked up about today's big rumors and introductions -- then we see nothing when the day arrives. :(

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by Sun Baked
Is the sparse field of April Fools news item the real April Fools joke, get everybody worked up about today's big rumors and introductions -- then we see nothing when the day arrives. :(

"We at the CIA do not have a sense of humor that I am aware of" and it seems niether does Apple.

My guess is that although there are many of us who would appreciate a good joke from the orchard I suspect that many novice users might be confused and concerned. It is probably in good form that Apple restrained from indulging in the days antics. I can only speculate that many of the creative minds at Apple were begging to post the newly released "iWhateverisfunny" only to be shot down by the powers that be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.