Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bertagert

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2003
Someone please start a few April fools jokes or someother type of rumor. News and rumors have been dead for weeks.

I'm getting depressed with this lack of info:(

mustang_dvs

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Durham, NC
Originally posted by maler
Today Americans play small tricks on friends and strangers alike on the first of April.

And what about frenchs? Britishs? Germans? Czechs? Or did Americans invented april jokes and have patent for it? i don't belive my eyes...

The French started the practice, with the adoption of the Gregorian calendar, of referring to April 1 as poisson d'avril (April's Fish). Thus began the practice of french schoolchildern affixing paper fish to each others' backs.

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
New PowerMac designations?

This sounds like an April Fools to me, what do y'all think?

From http://www.xlr8yourmac.com today

Change in PowerMac G4 Speed Designations -
In a move similar to AMD's previous change from denoting CPUs by clock speed, new PowerMacs with G4 CPUs will no longer be referred to by the CPU clock speed - instead the system's GigaFlops rating will be used. For example the dual 1.42GHz model will now be called the "PowerMac G4 21Giga". (The "Flops" designation was omitted due to that term's bad business connotations.)
Focus group studies have shown that many consumers preferred the higher number rating and many actually 'felt' the system labeled with "21Giga" was faster than the exact same system with a Dual 1.42GHz label (showing the placebo effect is present even with computer hardware).

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Fun with RFCs

Originally posted by peterjhill
Programmers and Network folks should check out todays new RFC:
RFC 3514
The new RFC says that it defines the behavior of security elements only for the 0x0 and 0x1 values of the flag bit. How can we write router software without rules for all of the other values too? ;)

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
Re: My New Car!

Originally posted by Steamboatwillie
I don't know how this was missed in the rumor mill but I just drove off the lot in my new Apple iCar!

This car is great *and* it's compatible with ALL roads. I can even pull up to any gas station to refuel.

I have recently required the iCar too, and you are right, it is great. The only problem is that you really can't refuel at any gas station. It is not compatable with M$Hess. Unfortunatly this is the only station close to where I live. Are they going to update the iCar drivers soon?

boobers

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2002
Happy Birthday

Today is also Apple's 27th Birthday
Happy Birthday Apple Computer!

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Re: Re: My New Car!

Originally posted by j33pd0g
I have recently required the iCar too, and you are right, it is great. The only problem is that you really can't refuel at any gas station. It is not compatable with M$Hess. Unfortunatly this is the only station close to where I live. Are they going to update the iCar drivers soon?

Good news! Just before Connectix was bought by "them" they made a "Virtual Nozzel" that allows M$Hess to work in the iCar. Reports show a signifigant loss in performance though.

I also heard that M$Hess gas is more expensive, lower octane and has been know to have water in it. Also if you let someone else drive your car you have to pay for it again. You may want to concider *switching* to a new neighborhood. There is a new moving company that can help "iHell2iHome" They do good work but I have heard that you can only use thier trucks for moving out of iHell. It seems the trucks will not work otherwise. Strange.

;-)

Titian

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2002
Switzerland
April fool for Americans?
Didn't you have enough jokes told to you in the latest few months from "your Administration"?

The sad thing is that most of the people just believe in these jokes...

Steamboatwillie

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2003
Memphis, TN
Re: Re: 970 ipod

Originally posted by MacWhispers
Fact: So far, I've had 4 emails from readers who actually believe this story.
:rolleyes:

I can't believe they were so dumb as to put only one IBM 970 chip in the new iPod. I mean really, what if I want to listen to two songs at the same time??? Geez what are these guys thinking? But on a positive note they are no longer using hard drives. It seems that they have adopted the same technology used in the xRaid Extreme III. Polymer Block storage. It uses a cube of clear plastic, about the size of a sugar cube, that stores data on a molecular level. The data is written and read by a three axis laser that shifts molecules. Total capacity is rumored at 100 trillion teraquads. It is also rumored that each iPod extreme will ship with all music ever recorded on this planet. Unfortunalty the battery life is limited to 22 seconds (with the optional iReactor portable fusion power source) and the rumored cost of a fully loaded iPod extreme (with licsences for all music ever recorded) is somewhere near 60 billion dollars. I preorded mine but they say it won't ship until first quarter of 2019. Think I should cancel my order?

dth21

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2003
Re: Re: 970 ipod

Originally posted by MacWhispers
Fact: So far, I've had 4 emails from readers who actually believe this story.

I guess people aren't smart enough by now to know that nothing your site reports is believable.

:)

Sorry, couldn't resist. Just bitter about the whole 2/25 iPod release still.

Odox

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2003
haha gotta say the macwhispers april fool is gold..

"Shongnuangpuang Electrosolvents Ltd."
"Wang Dang OEM/ODM "

Brilliant :D

- Although I should point out I got a bit worried when I first saw the subject header, as i've just given up and ordered an Ipod today :)

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
Re: OS 9.5

Hey, I want one of those.. LOL The orignal Mac Plus couldn't do 256 shades of grey!!! I just hope it can play Ground Zero, Airboune and Uninvited. Today's macs just aren't powerfull enough for play those great games.. :D

-Hugh

Originally posted by TheInevitable
What about this one?OS X a failure!
:D

eric_n_dfw

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2002
DFW, TX, USA
Originally posted by Titian
April fool for Americans?
Didn't you have enough jokes told to you in the latest few months from "your Administration"?

The sad thing is that most of the people just believe in these jokes...

This, kid's, is an example of flame bait, also sometimes called a troll.

Can we please keep the political comments in the political forumns like Arn has said A MILLION TIMES?!?! :mad:

Reactions: koolmagicguy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.