Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
Via appshopper.com, the free price is not reflected for me yet, but it should happen pretty soon.

Aqua Forest: $7.99 --> Free
NeoSameGame: $3.99 --> Free
Cathe the Egg: $3.99 --> Free

Please post when you see the price change...

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Via appshopper.com, the free price is not reflected for me yet, but it should happen pretty soon.

Aqua Forest: $7.99 --> Free
NeoSameGame: $3.99 --> Free
Cathe the Egg: $3.99 --> Free

Please post when you see the price change...

They're free for me, but you need to actually view the app to see the "free" button - in the list of apps it still shows the full price ;)

Joe Hill

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2008
They don't show up as free for me. How long does it usually take before they change price, and you can get them?

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
They're showing up as full price for me. These games are supposed to be free through October 12th in honor of the Tokyo Game Show.

Vintage Season

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Still showing as full price in Tennessee. Where are you located, TwiceNightly? I'm guessing the West coast will see the prices change first, and it will scroll across the country according to timezones.

- M.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Man, I wish I got Aqua Forest for free.

It was cute, but waaaaaay too pricey at $8. I think I removed it from my phone to give space to other games I play more (all free or cheap games too).

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
are these games any good? Were they worth it when they weren't free?

I only got Aqua Forest, which I don't think was worth it at all for $8. For free, or even a buck or two, it's a fun diversion -- if you like physics-type games. After a while it gets boring, though.

Catch the Egg looks lame, I don't even want to download it for free. I would be embarrassed to have that on my phone.

NeoSameGame looks like a gazillion other games, so it's one of those you need to try to see if it's any good. It's free...so why not?

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I only got Aqua Forest, which I don't think was worth it at all for $8. For free, or even a buck or two, it's a fun diversion -- if you like physics-type games. After a while it gets boring, though.

Catch the Egg looks lame, I don't even want to download it for free. I would be embarrassed to have that on my phone.

NeoSameGame looks like a gazillion other games, so it's one of those you need to try to see if it's any good. It's free...so why not?

They are still not showing as free on my Apps.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
it had changed to free briefly, and then changed back.

arn

Vintage Season

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
it had changed to free briefly, and then changed back.

Weird... maybe the promotion will return later in the day? Or did the company notice a lot more people were suddenly interested in their games, and decide to cash in if possible? :confused:

- M.

chrisb3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Weird... maybe the promotion will return later in the day? Or did the company notice a lot more people were suddenly interested in their games, and decide to cash in if possible? :confused:

- M.

Since this was a TGS promotion, I'm wondering if Apple made the apps free too soon. The show runs from the 9th to the 12th.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
It was in the app description this morning. If you click on 'All Reviews' the app shows as free. I'll not be the first to try it though.

I clicked "All Reviews" and it did show free but when I clicked "Get App" it told me my account would be debited so I canceled.

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
I clicked "All Reviews" and it did show free but when I clicked "Get App" it told me my account would be debited so I canceled.

Same here. If I click on all reviews, it does state that it is free. Could be an apple glitch.

Nabby

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
All 3 games are now free in the appstore again.

I second that in the SouthEast US. It showed free for me yesterday, but I kept getting that "being modified" message. I was able to download today.

Nabby

Vintage Season

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
Also free today in Tennessee. Only downloaded Aqua Forest and NeoSameGame, though... Catch the Egg didn't really seem like my sort of entertainment.

If they decide to make Hanafuda-kyo available as part of the promotion, I would definitely get that one!!

- M.

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Also free today in Tennessee. Only downloaded Aqua Forest and NeoSameGame, though... Catch the Egg didn't really seem like my sort of entertainment.

If they decide to make Hanafuda-kyo available as part of the promotion, I would definitely get that one!!

- M.

What exactly is hanafuda-kyo about? it looks interesting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.