Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
It's a no-go on every Walmart in my area. It isn't even looking ver promising for tomorrow either. I guess I ill have to wake up early and go to Best Buy.

Wolfmore

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
Ok pretty much all 5 Walmarts in my area will have ipad mini at 8am. If your trying to get it at midnight I say give up.

I was told the sale is blocked by corporate so even if a manager wanted to make an exception the system won't allow him to sell it :(

johnothy

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
I went to Walmart earlier and they didn't have any iPad minis. It was a wasted trip. I called first but wanted to see for myself at midnight.

Wolfmore

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
I went to Walmart earlier and they didn't have any iPad minis. It was a wasted trip. I called first but wanted to see for myself at midnight.

I'm pretty sure they do have them. Expect 15 to 30 per store. However it won't be till 8am. Some employees say they don't have them but its because they don't k know but the managers that come I the morning shift know.

I called a store guy said they don't have them then be said hold ill ask the manager; then came back saying yes but not till 8am

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Ok pretty much all 5 Walmarts in my area will have ipad mini at 8am. If your trying to get it at midnight I say give up.

I was told the sale is blocked by corporate so even if a manager wanted to make an exception the system won't allow him to sell it :(

I was told they haven't even received them yet from all of the Walmart stores I called. So we're you told they would be receiving them at 8 am or they already have them, but can't sell till then?

Wolfmore

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2008
I was told they haven't even received them yet from all of the Walmart stores I called. So we're you told they would be receiving them at 8 am or they already have them, but can't sell till then?

I only went in person to one store. He did have them there. Has 15 white 15 black. Just can't sell till 8am. I'm pretty confident all USA Walmarts will have them just some employees don't know where they are being kept: hidden probably by the manager.

Jacoblee23

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Should I call or stop by around 6-630? It would save me gas and time if I could get it at Walmart. They should know in morning right?

I only went in person to one store. He did have them there. Has 15 white 15 black. Just can't sell till 8am
. I'm pretty confident all USA Walmarts will have them just some employees don't know where they are being kept: hidden probably by the manager.

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I just walked into the Target at Oakridge Mall in San Jose, Ca. They told me to arrive early because they only received 5 mini iPads. 5!! I thought he was joking. Nope! 5.. No way I'm getting up for a chance on 5 mini's. But there is an Apple store in the same mall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.