Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
thanks for the info whiteapple, I'll be waiting for the X3000 & santa rosa before I make the plunge anyway, hopefully spring, and since the Apple ACD is a better deal for me (£646 HE Edu - compared to £754 dell) I think all shall run smoothly :)

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
In my opinion i think the 23 incher is great, I saw it a couple weeks ago at CompUsa and didn't see anything wrong with the screen.

macintouch

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Chicago, IL
The only problem that I have with the ACD's is the response time.

Right now I use a ViewSonic VX924 and it's got a 4ms response time, and the VX922 has a 2ms response time. I'm sorry, but Apple can do just as good as that. 16ms on the ACD's is piss poor.

For gamers like myself this is important. If I did not game, I'd consider buying the Apple 20" or 23". But for now, I'm forced to go with the Dell 20" Widescreen (the one thats 5ms)

Is there something special about the Apple that I'm not getting here?

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2006
It still have problem with the backlighting bleeding, solid color unconsistency with solid gray. And sometime you end up bad luck and get a tons of dead lit pixels. If this don't bother you then there shouldn't be a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.