Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are You A Switcher?

• Total voters

DMBGuru

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2007
Tempe, AZ
I've always been a hardcore PC guy. I know windows and PC computers inside and out and my main desktop is a custom built PC.

I just recently ordered a Macbook which should be coming later today, but I haven't decided if I'm gonna make the full switch or not. I got the Macbook to do work on the go in college because it's small and has the features that I need/want.

However, for gaming and other such stuff I don't think I'll leave my PC far behind. Mac Pros are simply too expensive... I can build a comparible machine for $1000 that on a Mac Pro would be around $2100.

I mean, come on.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've always been a hardcore PC guy. I know windows and PC computers inside and out and my main desktop is a custom built PC.

I just recently ordered a Macbook which should be coming later today, but I haven't decided if I'm gonna make the full switch or not. I got the Macbook to do work on the go in college because it's small and has the features that I need/want.

However, for gaming and other such stuff I don't think I'll leave my PC far behind. Mac Pros are simply too expensive... I can build a comparible machine for $1000 that on a Mac Pro would be around $2100.

I mean, come on.

In the past, I'd agree with being able to go much cheaper but to use the same quality components, dual Xeon dual-core processors, etc.? What's comparable to you?

SC68Cal

macrumors 68000
Feb 23, 2006
I work with all different types of computers and operating systems, but I personally use a Macbook Pro. Switched from running Linux on a old PC laptop

UserofMacOSX

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2007
Luray, VA
I prefer my Mac to any computer I have used. It's not the fastest computer now, but when it was new it would blow any other computer I'd used away. I don't have a thing against PCs being slow, I just don't like the way Windows operates and is so unstable. I have yet to encounter something I don't like on my Apple. I do wish there was a better way to brows through windows than with F9. I'd also like a scrolling-text screensaver.:)

gothiquegirrl

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2006
Planet Earth
if here was an option that said.. " I always knew about mac.. but never took the plunge til now..." I'd be all over it!

Ang..
Slowly chugging her way to 500 posts!

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Return of the Prodigal Son

Aside from my Vic 20 and Commodore 64, my first personal computer was the Macintosh IIsi. Left that for a 386 PC and have been using Windows up until 2005 when I bought my iMac G5.

Ya know, I've got my Winblows certifications and use to build my own PCs so I consider myself to be very computer literate. My experience with the new Macs and OS X has been nothing but...amazing! No viruses, crashes, long startups and shutdowns and installing drivers, etc...etc...etc..etc...

mark88

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2004
No one asked me whether I was a switcher when I bought any of my Macs, so how they found out this data is beyond me.

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Achieved enlightenment in May 2005. I bought an iMac G5 (Pre-iSight) 2Ghz, 1GB Ram, 160GB HD to replace my P4 3 GHz Dell (which is now my parents computer and my headache when something is wrong with it). But yea it's been about 2 years since I switched, not really recent.

darkanddivine

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2007
Worked on both from age 16, this year have gotten the hump with windows and taken my ball back! It's a PC at home until that dies and after that all is going to be macish round here. Use a G4 at work until I make my mind up what iMac to get (see random stupid questions dotted around the forums!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.