Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you angry with Sony?

• No, I love my PS3, heck, I camped for one!

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Yes, $599, then $499, then $599...

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Are you kidding? First the Betamax, then Minidisc, now this...

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Too busy with the Wii/XB360 to even care...

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • PS What? (Goes back to Atari...)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Would you care to elaborate?

an·gry /ˈæŋgri/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ang-gree] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective, -gri·er, -gri·est. 1. feeling or showing anger or strong resentment (usually fol. by at, with, or about): to be angry at the dean; to be angry about the snub.
2. expressing, caused by, or characterized by anger; wrathful: angry words.
3. Chiefly New England and Midland U.S. inflamed, as a sore; exhibiting inflammation.
4. (of an object or phenomenon) exhibiting a characteristic or creating a mood associated with anger or danger, as by color, sound, force, etc.: an angry sea; the boom of angry guns.

Well?

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
If you can't think of a reason to be angry you either haven't read the news in the past two days or you're in denial.

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Um, I paid full price for my 60GB PS3, received no free anything(games, controllers, etc.), and am satisfied with my purchase........

They already stated the price cut was for NA only, but are working on delivering the same(or similar) value to Europe.
If that is what you guys are "angry" about. :rolleyes:

You could try your luck with a defective console at a cheaper price.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
any particular reason why, or are you just trying to gauge the anti-sony sentiment within the forums?

Just vote, "No..."

I bought the Betamax back in the day, and I was really happy with that purchase, even though Sony lost the format war. Beta was the higher quality system.

I would imagine with PS3 owners that they are enjoying Blu-ray movies and a few great games.

Those picking up the PS3 at $499 now are also getting 5 free BD movies and Circuit City is also giving away an extra controller. That's a great deal!

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
but but.....Sony dropped the price in Japan at launch, shouldn't we ALL be angry(except the JPN gamers) with Sony?

:confused:

I can leave my PS3 on for MONTHS(literally) and it won't even break a sweat(no worries of overheating or dying)
I've got a next gen(built-in) optical drive, and the CELL cpu, and many other features. Anyone who doesn't understand the REAL value within the hardware probably has a right to be mad.

btw - the options in the poll are rather flamboyant as well

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
Im not pissed off at them for the PS3. Im using my friends right now :)

Im not too sure if you guys read the latest from the rumor mill, first appearing from the Reuters, but according to someone, the $100 price cut is just the beginning. They are due to release another price cut by years end. :eek:

When some good games get released, in about 6-8 months, Ill go pick up one of my own :)

EDIT: I just read the poll options. I actually had high hopes on the MiniDisc. It was a good player, until I found out the sound quality was pretty crappy compared to some of the new encoding that was coming out.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
but but.....Sony dropped the price in Japan at launch, shouldn't we ALL be angry(except the JPN gamers) with Sony?
*Looks at location* :D:D:D

And where's the choice for 'No reason to be angry with Sony but did not camp out to get one'?

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
So......Where are the "Are you MAD at Nintendo/Microsoft" threads.
You don't see to many negative threads about the other two - it seems overly biased against Sony in these forums, and somebody has to be a voice for the "opposition."

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
So......Where are the "Are you MAD at Nintendo/Microsoft" threads.

nobody created one... obviously... just because Sony is under attack for their poor judgement, doesnt mean people on these boards love Nintendo more than Sony or Microsoft's Xbox.

And actually you are on the wrong boards to be asking where are the 'I hate Microsoft' threads. If you havent noticed on the rest of the boards, people make those kinds of threads almost on a daily basis... lol....

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
Im not pissed off at them for the PS3. Im using my friends right now :)

Im not too sure if you guys read the latest from the rumor mill, first appearing from the Reuters, but according to someone, the $100 price cut is just the beginning. They are due to release another price cut by years end. :eek:

When some good games get released, in about 6-8 months, Ill go pick up one of my own :)

EDIT: I just read the poll options. I actually had high hopes on the MiniDisc. It was a good player, until I found out the sound quality was pretty crappy compared to some of the new encoding that was coming out.

That's what I'm hearing too - the basic 80Gig (no game) will be $499 at Christmas...

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Ninty is making poor judgment with their online service, and inability to keep up with demand & Microsoft can't catch a break with their "defective" hardware.

They all make poor decisions, thats what I'm pointing out. (the obvious negative bias against sony here)

You aren't the first to question my "homepage" either, but did you visit the site.
E-mpire FTW! http://www.e-mpire.com

They have all three subsections: Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony, and I am a fanboy because I purchase Sony products and visit forums related to those products? :rolleyes:
I am indeed a fan, but I am objective about every company based on my own personal experiences/beliefs as well as the facts.
You don't see me posting overly negative BS (I hate them, its garbage, it all sucks, etc.) No reason to bash on any of them.

btw - I post in all sections of E-mpire. (not just psinext/psinsider)

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Just seems like anytime anybody defends Sony here is called a fanboy....it's rather absurd.
I was first told I am either ignorant of the news or in denial, which means EVERYBODY should be "mad," another ridiculous statement - then I was called a fanboy.
I'm not mad at anybody or anything right now, just making observations about the slanted statements.
Can we not be objective and critical without bashing someone/something....just seems childish and unproductive?

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Sony's arrogance and/or stupidity is just stunning to me. For every bit of good news they produce, they find some new way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Sony: "We're reducing the price of the console by $100!"
People: "Yay! We give you goodwill!"
Sony: "Now that we've noted a massive sales spike and may actually be gaining market share, we are ceasing production of the reduced-price consoles and strong-arming you back into spending $600. As a comfort, we'll give you 20GB of extra HD space and crippled backwards compatibility."
People: "Die in a fire!"

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
Sony of America's Dave Karraker says that the quotes obtained in an interview with Sony Europe's David Reeves in regards to a 60 gigabyte Playstation 3 phase out, inaccurate.

Karraker told Joystiq that "As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

Sony Canada spokesman Kyle Moffatt backed Karraker's claim.

"As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $659 CDN and a 60GB PS3 available now for $549 CDN," says Moffatt. "We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

Arrogance and Stupidity, or overly-eager unfounded bashing?
Also, how does this affect Europe/Uk again.....?
This was an announcement exclusive to Americas.

Your "bundle" is as follows: Customers buying the £425 games console would be given two games and an extra controller, providing consumers with a saving of about £115.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
You don't see me posting overly negative BS (I hate them, its garbage, it all sucks, etc.) No reason to bash on any of them.

just because you are called a fanboy doesnt mean I am saying you are 12 or younger than me. It is simply a term for saying someone is a fan of something.

Overly negative BS? Im sorry I actually thought the PSP was my worst purchase and the games to be quite lacking, but that is honestly how I feel. Im sorry I stated evident facts of the KillZone 2 demo, and found that image quality was sub par compared to the CG shown a few years back. Other people have opinions that differ from yours.

And if you are calling me a fanboy, who am I a fan of? I have every console and simply because I criticize the things I own in threads that are most recent, doesnt make me an anti-whatever. It just means I accept the truth and flaws of the products that I have purchased. Believe me I have criticism for each and every product I own. ;)

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I could care less about being called a fanboy, but like I said - I don't really take offense.

Killzone2 was one of the most impressive demos at E3, and people here called it "horrible."
Some of the best lighting, blood, and gun physics/animations I have seen, ever.
I don't think they would have showed if if they, themselves, didn't believe that they had meet(or even exceeded) some of their goals.
But like you said(and a phrase I repeat here weekly), Opinions vary!

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
oops... that was actually a typo :D

When I was typing up that message I just knew your name was Coded something, and figured it was boy because all I remember was the last part was something that means he has a penis... dude, boy, meh close enough... sort of :p

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
again....why?

Sony of America's Dave Karraker says that the quotes obtained in an interview with Sony Europe's David Reeves in regards to a 60 gigabyte Playstation 3 phase out, inaccurate.

Karraker told Joystiq that "As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $599 and a 60GB PS3 available now for $499. We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

Sony Canada spokesman Kyle Moffatt backed Karraker's claim.

"As announced this week, SCEA's product offering in North America consists of a 80GB PS3 available in August at $659 CDN and a 60GB PS3 available now for $549 CDN," says Moffatt. "We have will have ample supplies of both models to meet the needs of our consumers for the foreseeable future."

XNine

macrumors 68040
Ya see, Coded-Dude, this is why I left for nearly a year. Because there are so many people on here calling people "fanboys" anytime they stick up for MS or Sony. But "Nintendo is just like Apple!" Ya know, with their superior graphics, online gaming, and bricked consoles! :rolleyes:

I can guarantee I can point out more flaws with both the 360 and the Wii than the PS3, but then I would be flamed again because I'm a "Sony Fanboy Hiss! Hiss!" (even though I don't even own a PS3)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.