Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
I got silver for the first time this year with the iPhone 14P. Curious if you're pleased with your color choice after having it for a few weeks. I am glad the silver back looks like a pure white vs previous versions with a more yellowish hue to it.

Did find myself watching a review this morning and seeing the black again and it had me curious...fortunately there is no local stock even if I did want to swap it out.

Reactions: iSwift5

KO7

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2020
Canada
Had Deep Purple 14 Pro and loved it. Couldn’t live with the smaller size (had 13 PM last year), so scoured local inventory for Deep Purple 14 Pro Max. Could “only” find a Space Black up for grabs so I took it.

I’m not unhappy with the Space Black, but would still choose Deep Purple if I had a do-over. However, I like Space Black enough that I wouldn’t go through the hassle of a return if I found Deep Purple today.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I have a Deep Purple 14 Pro Max and I’m happy with it. Red and purple are my two favourite colours but unfortunately Apple never seem to release their pro models in red. I was glad that this years new colour was Deep Purple. That said I do like the Silver and that would be my second choice. I use a clear case and have done for many years as I like to be able to see and to show the colour of the phone.

Last edited:

Nordman 52

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2021
Got gold PM and returned once found a silver available. I always get dark gray or black and wanted to change this year. Gold was cool with the yellow silicone case but doesnt match easily with other colors. I believe that gold takes more time to resell as well. Happy with the silver and I have the succulent and yellow apple cases to match it.

Reactions: shr631

rgwebb

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2005
First time gold phone buyer...its very tasteful with the cream glass black and stainless steel gold-colored accents. Especially in the "Umber" leather case.

MPPK3_AV1

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Deep purple here, since Product Red is never available for the Pro line. I like the purple, though I wish it were slightly more vibrant. No case. I don’t use cases.

I had the Sierra blue last year, which I also enjoyed. I like color and the only thing I don’t like about the Pro line is the muted colors.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I have a Deep Purple 14 Pro Max and I’m happy with it. Red and purple are my two favourite colours but unfortunately Apple never seem to release their pro models in red. I was glad that this years new colour was Deep Purple. That said I do like the Silver and that would be my second choice. I use a clear case and have done for many years as I like to be able to see and to show the colour of the phone.
Yes wish they would ever do Pro (Product)RED as long as it looks like my SE and looks red all the time, and isn't some dark shade that mostly looks gray or black.

Reactions: Devyn89 and Mr.C

Fat_Guy

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2021
Yes!

Silver/White 14 PM. Classy color that goes with anything and the scratches can be buffed out - but after a while it doesn’t matter like it does in the painted ones.

Reactions: Wide opeN

Nicois06

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2019
Best question for anyone who likes Iphone.

In my opinion, the color involves 50% of my intention de get a new Iphone.

Long time ago I thinking to get a white Iphone ( I had 4 black, 6 gold, xs gold, 12 pro pb).

I tried with 12 pro. During 2 weeks i played with pacific blue and silver. Unfortunately for me, silver wasn't perfect. Sides so many evidence in the case. And it wasn't totally white.

This year i changed my mine with the new one. White like iphone 4s et thanks to deeper, sides aren't more so evidence in case.

Otherwise, I little disappointed with the bump and the weight. The same in 12 pro should be a perfection for many years.

Anyway I'm very happy with that.

Attachments

• IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 213
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.