Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

onenorth

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2021
So I have a space black iPhone 14 pro 256gb only bought it three weeks ago from apple but I’m really wanting to change to a silver phone. I contacted apple and they said there’s nothing they can do as it’s outside the 14 day return period.

I was looking for some advice, does anyone think I should sell the iPhone and buy the silver. I would probably be taking a bit of a hit maybe lose pit on £200. Just not sure what to do, I could also hold onto to it and upgrade to next years IPhone 16 🤔
I think you should do whatever makes you happy. If swapping for a silver one despite the hit would make you happy, then why not? But you also have other options including putting it in a case that is a color you like.

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
I got silver for the first time this year with the iPhone 14P. Curious if you're pleased with your color choice after having it for a few weeks. I am glad the silver back looks like a pure white vs previous versions with a more yellowish hue to it.

Did find myself watching a review this morning and seeing the black again and it had me curious...fortunately there is no local stock even if I did want to swap it out.
I began buying silver once the front became black. In the past silver/white always came with a white front.

But I’m a sucker for purple. If I were in the market for a 14P I’d go with that beautiful purple.

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Florida Unfortunately
So I have a space black iPhone 14 pro 256gb only bought it three weeks ago from apple but I’m really wanting to change to a silver phone. I contacted apple and they said there’s nothing they can do as it’s outside the 14 day return period.

I was looking for some advice, does anyone think I should sell the iPhone and buy the silver. I would probably be taking a bit of a hit maybe lose pit on £200. Just not sure what to do, I could also hold onto to it and upgrade to next years IPhone 16 🤔
If it makes you feel happy
Go
For it. 👍🏼

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
I think you should do whatever makes you happy. If swapping for a silver one despite the hit would make you happy, then why not? But you also have other options including putting it in a case that is a color you like.
I’ve put my phone up for sale, reduced the price by £110 will see if anyone bites, otherwise I might have to stick with the black and get silver for the next one.

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
Basic black is a good choice for me. I always have a case on my phone and I prefer the darker case colors, so black is the best color to blend with those cases. Olive Green, Storm Blue, Elderberry, Midnight Black.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
Basic black is a good choice for me. I always have a case on my phone and I prefer the darker case colors, so black is the best color to blend with those cases. Olive Green, Storm Blue, Elderberry, Midnight Black.
The olive green came out just recent and looks amazing!

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
I've always had white iphones, but when I recently got my 13 mini I decided to go with red. My next phone will be back to white, or silver if I get a pro version.
Don't like the red as much as I thought I would. Might just stick it in a white case.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
In all the years we had iPhones I have not questioned my own colour choice after purchase nor have I been interested what strangers on the internet want the colour underneath their case or on the back of their phone to be.

Devyn89

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2012
My 13 Pro is the graphite, I do like it. I do wish I went for the Sierra Blue though, seeing that in person is really nice. Oh well, next time I’ll probably get a lighter colour. I really hope they have a product red Pro in a nice wine red. My favourite iPhone colour is probably the 14 red but I‘m not wanting to lose the pro features, especially ProMotion.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

Kawawolf

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2018
Upstate NY
I have a dark blue Iphone 12. Don't care much since its always in a case. So color is never a real big deal here. And I would never keep a phone out of a case, given how many times I've dropped it.

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Chose the space black for my 14 Pro, mostly because it is classy and professional looking. Thoroughly enjoyed it for the 30 seconds between the time I took it out of the box, and when I put it in its ink colored Apple leather case. Also expect to admire it for another 30 seconds when I take it out of the case and put it in the trade-in box after purchasing my next phone. In the meantime, so long as the small amount of phone color showing through the case cutouts isn't too garish (and the black/dark blue combo certainly isn't), I think I spent more time obsessing over color choice than I needed to.

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
My 13 Pro is the graphite, I do like it. I do wish I went for the Sierra Blue though, seeing that in person is really nice. Oh well, next time I’ll probably get a lighter colour. I really hope they have a product red Pro in a nice wine red. My favourite iPhone colour is probably the 14 red but I‘m not wanting to lose the pro features, especially ProMotion.
The graphite is probably the best looking and classiest pro colour I’ve seen. I wish they had that in the 14 pro range. Forget about Sierra blue that looked more grey to me, wasn’t a proper blue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.