Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I pre-ordered and used a Space Black for a few months and switched to a Deep Purple about a month ago. Got bored of it.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

JamesMcFlyJR

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2016
got a Gold iPhone 13 Pro Max and lowkey get jealous every time I see a Sierra Blue iPhone. its such a nice color.

Gold is nice but probably not going to choose it again when the 15 Pro Max/Ultra drops.

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
Went for space black with my 14 pro, pretty much everyone I consulted before buying told me to try something else, but stuck with my gut and very happy with it. It would take a lot for me to switch from black/gray phones at this point.

Sm29180

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2021
I got a silver 13 pro. Hated it, just found the color boring. Never had a silver iPhone. Always had gold, product red or space gray. This year even though I don’t need to upgrade I can’t wait to change the color so I’m getting a gold 15 pro max or whatever they will call it. Keeping it for 3 years!

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have deep purple and I'm happy with my choice.
I think I’m going crazy.

I ordered the 14 Pro in purple from my carrier a few short months back and I was shocked how too heavy by the lens it was. For reference I use my 13 mini as daily driver.

Just got 14 Pro in Space Black (work) and noticed no top heaviness I had before.

Edit: 49 days later the 14 Pro went back to carrier or to another schmo at work.

I see no benefit to Dynamic island : like 3D Touch it’ll last for another iteration of the iPhone Pro and 15 iPhone’s only to be phased out with under display FaceID system. The idea is nice but it offer minimal interaction between background apps and notifications.

ProRes and ProRAW are great features but with poorly treated lenses (lens flare a MAJOR issue on iPhones for the last 3yrs) you cannot have any light source into or bouncing at an angle into the camera lens. Great feature that I wished my 13 mini had but in not at a loss without it - in no shutterbug.

Larger battery - still marred with super slow charging. Rapid charging has been proven for a few years now by many manufacturers and battery life and health no longer an issue or resolved by more than 1 cell - something the iPhone Pro’s already use. So why held back!? I feel sorry for iPhone Pro Max users (1.42hrs over lightning for a full charge yikes)!

Weight and fingerprint of the stainless steel frame. Not ideal and contrary to what most people “feel” it being “premium” I must ask - other than the iPhone 5C when ever did any other iPhone not feel “premium” as a entire product!? I don’t recall the 5/5S/SE 2016 feeling less than premium nor the iPhone 7 Plus or 8 as all previous top end iPhones used an aluminum alloy.

Maybe I’m just minimalistic in my product use and not falling for needless materials that increase the price of a product without adding anything to its feature set. Next up is Titanium and if Apple cheats out with titanium freckles or very thin layer lien the beloved Tibook, well at least it’s not a flip or a fold smartphone where hinges would snap crackle and pop. Each to their own.

I think my next iPhone will be the 13 mini’s faithful replacement or may need to carefully look elsewhere.

Apple needs to up their game with iOS and hardware feature set (MagSafe charging, wired charging speeds, data transfer, and choice of case materials - used just to validate price increases needlessly).

Last edited:

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I got SB, coming from a Graphite 13 Pro Max. It's "ok" not much difference between the two.
I actually was planning on getting the Deep Purple but forgot when I "pre-configured" my order.
Maybe next year.

Although I will say the Pro colors are quite boring.

If they are going to stick with these muted colors, I'd like a muted orange (burnt?).
Wait what? You want muted colours and said burnt orange (like blood red orange) that wouldn’t be muted. Maybe a tangerine but ….

Muted colours and ya you want Arange!?

‘Er ma’an let me get’ chya your iPhone Pro in deh Arrange ya wantit.

/s

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Pleased with my colour choice back in July 22

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

moose185

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2018
So I bought a space black 14 pro recently, I’m having a bit of doubt only because I had an XS space grey for 4 and a half years previously and I’m bored of it. I’m now considering returning it for the silver just for something different. Not sure what to do. I have a forest green leather case to be honest it looks great with either space black or silver.

Anyone else had a bit of regret after buying?

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
I, like many people, do consider the color when buying an iPhone. But it’s kinda silly cause I always keep my iPhone in a case to protect it, so the color is really pointless. 😂

Aggedor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2020
Deep Purple team!! No regrets. Apple did a great job with the purple shade. Not too light. Not to dark. Right in the middle.
Yeah, they really hit the mark with Deep Purple - it's out of stock here in the UK, so I had to go with black (I put it in a case anyway). A friend of mine in the US had to wait a month to get hers too! Must be popular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.