Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
Iā€™d really appreciate it if you weren't sarcastic with me from what Iā€™m perceiving
Oh ,i weren't ,you said this guy's score is 100,which i believed to be around 100% accuracy right ? Meaning that his predictions are very likely to happen, hopefully.

Nothing sarcastic actually mate

Hal0

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2021
I thought u were pointing out the new macs will be a revolution, contradicting the "Tim cook is conservative" ,but nevermind ,:)

Gotcha ,hear what you're saying here.all good arguments, we'll see next week.
Yeah they're definitely not revolutionary by themselves. Thankfully it's just a matter of time now

Hal0

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2021
Oh ,i weren't ,you said this guy's score is 100,which i believed to be around 100% accuracy right ? Meaning that his predictions are very likely to happen, hopefully.

Nothing sarcastic actually mate
Sorry for assuming you were. I just can't tell if people are being sarcastic or not sometimes

Spanther

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2020
thanks.i still doubt it because there seem to be enough changes for this time and time cook usually is very conservative
What do you want to be true? All will be revealed soon.

They just released ProMotion on the iPhone13 Pro, so they are on a bit of kick with it right now. My wager is that it will be available on the M1X MBP announced next week.

This will be a monumental update with very little held back, similar in importance to the Late 2013 rMBP.

Love-hate šŸ relationship

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 19, 2021
What do you want to be true? All will be revealed soon.

They just released ProMotion on the iPhone13 Pro, so they are on a bit of kick with it right now. My wager is that it will be available on the M1X MBP announced next week.

This will be a monumental update with very little held back, similar in importance to the Late 2013 rMBP.
I'd like pro motion with smooth 120hz ofc ! :))

So you think that too,hope you'll be right :)

mr_roboto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2020
If it comes this year, it probably wonā€™t be quite as fleshed out as in iOS with apps being able to specify frame rates they want, but still at least provides the foundation for it which can be built on with later releases. So far the only functionality demonstrated with Monterey has been adaptive refresh for games. No talk about how it handles video for example. That makes me a little pessimistic, since having perfect cadence while working with video projects in FCP and the like seems like one of the best uses for it.
I suspect it's a lot harder to enable in macOS, since macOS has to deal with multiple applications sharing the display. It's probably easy enough for Apple engineers to implement the naive idea of always letting the foreground app control the display refresh rate, but it feels like there might be a lot of edge case bugs to work through after implementing that basic idea...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.