Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
Haha This is why I like buying games both discs and digital at 70-80% discount.

I feel less guilty or remorseful if I don't finish the game or 70% into it say "meh, I don't want to play this anymore".
True, but it's a weird time now with the change of console generation. I could've started with Valhalla on the PS4, but chose to wait, but there are so many awesome games being released, it's hard to play them all... And I don't want to put games aside. When I start a game, I finish it (or uninstall when it sucks). 3-4 years ago I had like 7 games half finished, but it's often too hard when you pick'm up again. You forgot half the story and half of the controls and then sometimes don't feel like starting over again. So when I realized the cause was me being like a little kid, always looking for the next shiny thing, I swore to only play one game at a time and finish them before moving on. But as I said, the only hard thing now, is planning, since we're getting ridiculous amounts of AAA-games these days...

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 10, 2018
True, but it's a weird time now with the change of console generation. I could've started with Valhalla on the PS4, but chose to wait, but there are so many awesome games being released, it's hard to play them all... And I don't want to put games aside. When I start a game, I finish it (or uninstall when it sucks). 3-4 years ago I had like 7 games half finished, but it's often too hard when you pick'm up again. You forgot half the story and half of the controls and then sometimes don't feel like starting over again. So when I realized the cause was me being like a little kid, always looking for the next shiny thing, I swore to only play one game at a time and finish them before moving on. But as I said, the only hard thing now, is planning, since we're getting ridiculous amounts of AAA-games these days...

I still haven't played the Horizon Zero Dawn DLC because of this. Played it for about 5 minutes and couldn't remember any of the controls. Got destroyed quickly by robots. :(

• Sad
Reactions: BlankStar

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
finally playing this PS5, enjoying it but finding the pacing a bit out. basically im level 71 and havent dont a huge amount, but the few missions i have sitting there are all far to high level for me, and the bases i havent attacked are all to high level for me. so im just doddering around finding things in the hope that my level will increase to a level where i can go back to the story.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
dont you love putting hundreds of hours into a massive game only to find a bug means you cant completely finish it.....

was minorly annoyed by a tiny thing, especially with the smaller DLC maps i like to clean them totally, going to every dot on the map and getting every scrap of everything. In the Dublin map, after doing all the missions, there's one key stuck to a body in the sea that would open one door, which probably contains one bit of tungsten or something. but the key cant be taken off the body.....

anyway, slightly more important. completed everything except ragnarock, but havent got to the last guy, The Father in the secret order. i know who he is from googling my problem, but i have 14 medals not 15, so Hytham is still inside his shop and he doesnt want to tell me anything.

and it seems there's nothing i could do except start again and put another 100 hours into it. lots of people on various forums reporting it and lots of ubisoft guys asking if they've been given the 'poor fellow soldier' mission. well i havent, and ive gone to aethelnay on my own and cant find any guy there to speak to me.

Reactions: Macalicious2011
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.