Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
I was at the Aspen Grove store in Colorado, and my friend that worked there said the manager anounced that he got an email from corporate or something and they said that all of the employees had to work later than normal to unpack a "large multiple product" shipment. I am guessing that is the Jaguar, and it also hinted that there was something other than software boxes, some sort of Hardware, think that this is the new Powermacs? Might be announced tuesday and start shipping and in stores august 24th. Possibility?

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
If that's the case I'm glad I have my ticked reserved for the Apple events in Melbourne on the 27th of August! w00t! We'll be looking at the 'next generation of Apple hardware'...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I was just at the Clarendon store and its going to be a very cool event.

10:20 PM on the 23rd, 100 minutes of free gifts, great savings, theater demos, and the chance to win a Mac Until Midnight at the Apple Store

I'll be going and hopefully meeting jelloshotsrule there. I can't imagine they'd give a new PowerMac away, more likely the iMac LCD if we're lucky. I asked the employees there and no one seemed to know.

It will be crazy but I'm going for the chance to win something - even if its an apple shirt.

D

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
wow

Is this going to happen at all of the stores? I was gonna go the 24th but now I wanna go tthe 23rd!!! Is it true, any proof?:)

djniche

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2002
DC
it's friday the 23rd at 10:20 pm
100 minutes till 12 to the 24th for the release of jaguar

I'll be there too in the clarendon store. who knows i might walk out with a new G4!!
i think it will also be an imac or an ibook

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Re: August 23rd special Apple Store Event!

Originally posted by swahilibill
I was at the Aspen Grove store in Colorado, and my friend that worked there said the manager anounced that he got an email from corporate or something and they said that all of the employees had to work later than normal to unpack a "large multiple product" shipment. I am guessing that is the Jaguar, and it also hinted that there was something other than software boxes, some sort of Hardware, think that this is the new Powermacs? Might be announced tuesday and start shipping and in stores august 24th. Possibility?

It's true, for sure. All stores. It was discussed in an earlier thread (though it wasn't there wwhen Bill started the thread). You can find more info at Apple's Retail page.

You going, Bill? I have thought about it, but when I went to Aspen Grove the day it opened (just a few minutes before opening) there was a line around the building. There seem to be a lot of Mac folks around, and I've already pre-ordered 10.2. Not sure that the possibility of winning something is worth the hassle of the crowd...

Chris

swahilibill

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2002
Highlands Ranch
Re: Re: August 23rd special Apple Store Event!

Originally posted by chmorley

It's true, for sure. All stores. It was discussed in an earlier thread (though it wasn't there wwhen Bill started the thread). You can find more info at Apple's Retail page.

You going, Bill? I have thought about it, but when I went to Aspen Grove the day it opened (just a few minutes before opening) there was a line around the building. There seem to be a lot of Mac folks around, and I've already pre-ordered 10.2. Not sure that the possibility of winning something is worth the hassle of the crowd...

Chris

I doubt that I will go. That I think will be a friday, the school weekend, and even though I am a big geek, as a normal fifteen year old, i try to keep a normal social life with my friends. LOL, I can't wait to order a copy though, they have it all the machines at aspen grove, I was there today, the new start up screen is pretty viscious!

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
I would join you guys at Aspen Grove, but I try to make it a policy of not skipping a whole day of classes until about a month into the year :p

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Originally posted by asurace
I would join you guys at Aspen Grove, but I try to make it a policy of not skipping a whole day of classes until about a month into the year :p
Too bad, Asurace. That was never my policy. You do know it's 10:20 at night, right?

Funny, though--of the 3 of us, sounds like none of us will go. I could always change my mind at the last minute, but I doubt it. I'd probably go to the Cherry Creek store if it were open.

Chris

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by djniche

I'll be there too in the clarendon store. who knows i might walk out with a new G4!!

we'll have to arrange to meet up. should be interesting regardless what happens. I might start a thread later this week to organize anyone going to the Clarendon Store.

D

balliet

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2001
I'll probably be at the buffalo store (but like
dricci, nobody here at macrumors really knows me)

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
John Lewis in the uk say they are offering "Apple Product Demos" from the 21-28th. Do you think it's the same thing?

Liamcow

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2002
Hyannis, MA
bay area ( i don't know geography:p ) as in cambrdge or peabody? yeah, i'll probably be at the cambridge store for this with my friends.

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
No, I ment the San Fransisco Bay Area. You know. The place in which San Fransisco, San Jose, and Oakland are situated around...;)

DaedalusDE

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2002
Long Island, NY
I'll meet u there Tyle... gee i hope no creepy Rasta Man guns up the mall again... roosevelt isnt the best place to be near at midnight...i just hope the idiot security guards dont lock all the doors when the rest of the mall closes.

I called my apple store today, and they said that they wont find out what comp they're raffling off until 10:10 on the 23rd. Oh and they arent giving any thing away, they're raffling them off, which means you have to pay for each ticket.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by TyleRomeo
i'll be at the one in garden city

i can't decide if i should go to the Roosevelt Field or SoHo store. i live in Brooklyn so the SoHo store is wicked close but Roosevelt Field will probably have less of a crowd which means better odds at winning some treats;) on the other hand, the SoHo store is awesome and may be a bigger event. hmmm....

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Hmmm...I wonder what the free gifts are...And DaedalusDE, do you know how much the tickets are for the raffle?

Attachments

• internet explorer  1.jpg
    internet explorer 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 2,125

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
I will be going to the one in Palisades Mall

I am going to the one in Palisades Mall, NY.. or i can go to the Tice's Corner, NJ.. both are close to each other.. I like Tice's Corner, because its an open Mall.. dont worry about closing the gates of the Mall..

Anyone going to either of that mall from MacRumors? I will let you guys know if i win a Mac. I missed an opportunity to buy Mac OS X for a discount at Amzaon..so i will be getting mine on 23rd from Apple Store direct.

ericb88

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2002
2 people here goin to roosevelt, and mayb another, beautiful, i shall try to make it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.