Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
If you make payments early does your available balance go back to the limit or do you have to wait until the end of the month? I haven't had a credit card in 20 years, I'm not sure how this works.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Yes it goes back to the limit any time you pay your balance in full or even partial payment will go back into the limit.

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
Yes it goes back to the limit any time you pay your balance in full or even partial payment will go back into the limit.

Just wondering, because I paid the balance in full, its posted to my checking account. But the available balance did not go back up. I couldn't use Apple Cash as a payment method either.

JustiNYCity

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
Louisiana
Just wondering, because I paid the balance in full, its posted to my checking account. But the available balance did not go back up. I couldn't use Apple Cash as a payment method either.

I'm thinking it's a little buggy - it took restarting my phone after paying off the balance and it finally reset.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
You are not alone, I just posted about this. It’s very annoying because I’ve made several payments and there is nothing pending, all restaurant charges have completed post-gratuity, but my available hasn’t changed for 10 days.

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
IMG_7C95D18AD7BF-1.jpeg

[doublepost=1566768826][/doublepost]
I hope this isn't piggy backing on your thread but I just bought a 9.99 album on iTunes and they charged me 13.98. This is on the Apple Card.

Sure it was 9.99?

iMelhado

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2018
United States
While I don't qualifyy for the Apple Card. My American Express preferred did the same to me, OP.

I did a massive payment, (it's my daily driver), and my available credit did not reflect correctly for a WHOLE week. Give it time though.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Update:

Nothing. Available credit even lower but zero balance, all payments debited from my checking account.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Did anyone get this sorted out?

I made my first payment this morning and it was credited to my account immediately and my balance went back to the full amount. This was actually shocking to me as my other credit cards don't even do this.

Reactions: DVNIEL and jetsam

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
I made my first payment this morning and it was credited to my account immediately and my balance went back to the full amount. This was actually shocking to me as my other credit cards don't even do this.

I don't use Apple Cash - I just have a connected checking account.

I paid my balance in full yesterday and, like you, it was immediately credited to my account and my balance was reset to full. My checking account was not debited until today, with the description:

"Preauthorized Withdrawal - APPLECARD GSBANK - PAYMENT"

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Nope. Hasn’t been resolved or updated. I have a zero balance and my available credit is $141 short. Pretty annoyed by this, my Chase Sapphire doesn’t update immediately but I trust that if I make a payment that morning, my balance and available credit is updated that evening, has never failed.

Jack Neill

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
San Antonio Texas
I contacted Apple again and they told me it takes days for it to post correctly. Its been more than a week, I'm not sure how long I have to wait. I don't think this card is going to be for me.

Reactions: DVNIEL

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Mine is still wrong, Apple Cash is also grayed our for me as a payment option

There’s a process to verify your identity for the Apple Cash to become a valid payment method. Don’t recall the specifics, but tap the 3 dots on the Apple Cash card in the wallet app and explore.

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
I contacted Apple again and they told me it takes days for it to post correctly. Its been more than a week, I'm not sure how long I have to wait. I don't think this card is going to be for me.

... and the saga continues. Posted on twitter to Apple Card account as well

e269c13164f9409f2c07176ace621f60.jpg

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Oh!!!! Here’s an interesting update and piece of advice....

So I read the terms and conditions of Apple Cash and it’s managed by a bank called Green Dot. I would understand my Chase Sapphire updates faster with payments from my Chase checking account but Apple Cash isn’t even managed by Goldman Sachs.

I’ll test this theory out today.

02fe26fb728b0b9af5891c81c031a95b.jpg

Last edited:

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Oh!!!! Here’s an interesting update and piece of advice....

So I read the terms and conditions of Apple Cash and it’s managed by a bank called Green Dot. I would understand my Chase Sapphire updates faster with payments from my Chase checking account but Apple Cash isn’t even managed by Goldman Sachs.

I’ll test this theory out today.

02fe26fb728b0b9af5891c81c031a95b.jpg

Yeah? So the bottom line is that you need to let them "hold" your money (Apple Cash) until you "give" it to them (pay the Apple Card balance)? How do I get a piece of that action...

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Yeah? So the bottom line is that you need to let them "hold" your money (Apple Cash) until you "give" it to them (pay the Apple Card balance)? How do I get a piece of that action...

Sounds about right.

One thing to note is since I started noticing this problem, I’ve made payments from 3 different banking institutions. Whenever I am given money owed or make an eBay/online sale, I throw it towards any balance I may have. So in theory, since Apple Cash is managed by Green Dot bank, it should behave the same as my Wells Fargo, Capital One and Chase checking accounts and not “post” immediately.

I have some funds in my Apple Cash card from the cash back. Since I had a zero balance before the iMessage customer support discussion, I went to Whole Foods to buy a cup of coffee to gain a balance. When I gain the opportunity to pay early for this transaction, we’ll see if the available balance refreshes.

Reactions: Jack Neill

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Update:

The verdict is in. If you pay your Apple Card balance with funds from Apple Cash, they update your available balance within seconds.

It’s been almost 2 weeks and Apple still has not updated my available balance with completed payments from 3 different checking accounts.

079213d573d82e76f560a0b53f780c69.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Neill

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Just curious.... What accounts are you using to pay it off? Wondering if this could be caused by the bank...

I only have my bank of america account tied to it, paid my balance off, and sitting back at the full balance the instant I paid it.

Reactions: DVNIEL

DVNIEL

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2003
Just curious.... What accounts are you using to pay it off? Wondering if this could be caused by the bank...

I only have my bank of america account tied to it, paid my balance off, and sitting back at the full balance the instant I paid it.

Checking accounts I’ve had established for years. Chase, Wells Fargo and Capital One. Cap One for my eBay/online sales slush, WF for my mortgage, and Chase since it was WaMu.

The very first week I had Apple Card, my available balance always updated. After the first week, no longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.