Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
I'm currently trying to find the location of the badge to swap it out since his description wasn't that specific :)

Edit: Boom! Here we go
System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Backgrounder_Badge.png

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
When you are in an app and hold the home buttome is a window with all apps that are open still pop up or is that now gone?

I don't think that was every a feature. Sounds like you are talking about one of the background managing apps like ProSwitcher.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
where is the "Always-enabled" "Blacklisted" options in the new update ??

You have to add the app to the "Overrides" list, then make sure Off is selected under Backgrounding method

When you are in an app and hold the home buttome is a window with all apps that are open still pop up or is that now gone?

I don't think that was every a feature. Sounds like you are talking about one of the background managing apps like ProSwitcher.

True, Backgrounder doesn't include a task manager.

dadeef

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008
Ok I found the location of the background badge, change it to whatever you want now.

System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Backgrounder_Badge.png

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
What's wrong with the stock one? :confused:

Meh, nothing really. Once you use the LeoBadge icon, you really never want to go back ;)

It's so much nicer just having the nice leopard light under the app (see Cydia, phone, email, iPod apps) as opposed to Backgrounder's default badge

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 75

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
I have r436-1...Also, what happened to the "disable badge on native apps" I turned off badges completely and it still shows up after a reboot. Arg..

Click on Overrides and then on each native app and turn off the badges one by one.

EriCKY

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
What repo is this coming from? I downloaded backgrounder yesterday from the recommended apps section and there are no updates available according to cydia...

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
Very odd. Yesterday, Backgrounder worked with Stream to me. Today, I swapped out the badge and now it will not work with Stream to me.

I don't see how one thing is related to the other. WTF? :confused:

fs454

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Los Angeles / Boston
Update: Yes, leobadge is way off center and too small on the iPad, so I made my own. I uploaded it to this post so you guys can use it too. In order to get it to center I had to add about 6 pixels to the original png horizontally and 3 down. I remade the dot to be a tiny bit bigger as well. The result looks pretty good, but the bigger png size seems to have a minor side effect: a very slightly darker horizontal line also appears under the lower left part of the image. It is barely noticeable and I can't figure out why its there, it isn't in the png. I attached both my leobadge iPad edition as well as a screenshot.

Also I can't tell if its centered, ever. It's within one pixel of being centered. I moved it right one pixel and it looked too far right to me, so I moved it left and it looked too far left. I decided to stop being anal about it and upload it here. If anyone uses it/fixes it more/has a better solution, let me know!

:edit: the horizontal black line DOES seem to show up when the PNG is up here, but not in photoshop. Really odd. Working on it.

Thanks

Attachments

• Backgrounder_Badge.png
    Backgrounder_Badge.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 505
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 127

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
cool..how do i manually change the badge ive never done this..i have an ipad and i would like to get the star badge u have it looks cool:cool:

Google "how to ssh iphone" and read up. SSH is the process of theming certain things in the phone and can take some time to learn it all. The process for SSHing for an iPhone and an iPad are identical, so you don't have to worry that you're googling the wrong thing.

Simgar988

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2009
UYBAATC
Google "how to ssh iphone" and read up. SSH is the process of theming certain things in the phone and can take some time to learn it all. The process for SSHing for an iPhone and an iPad are identical, so you don't have to worry that you're googling the wrong thing.

SSH is very easy Martin so don't worry about it overwhelming you. Just down load cyber duck and you can find pretty specific instructions for any processes you want to complete. It took me 10 minutes to figure out.

Just a heads up because people usually unneccesarily freak out about how hard they think it's gonna be.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.