Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
i know how to use ssh and cyberduck but what do i post and where at? do i post like a jpeg?

You have to change the png file located at System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/Backgrounder_Badge.png with whatever png you'd like. Just make sure it's labeled "Backgrounder_Badge.png" and respring

Martinsalas310

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Nampa, idaho
ok i figured it out the only problem is that the badge is huge! how do i know its the perfect small size to display nicely? my badge is currently 2 inches big lol:confused:

smotheredhope

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2009
So what does this do to the battery life? Like say I wanted to listen to wunderradio in the background while I surf the interwebs?

Anyone noticing a significant drop in battery life?

Martinsalas310

macrumors regular
May 13, 2010
Nampa, idaho
Yes Im using the star its awesome. And about the battery lief using backgrounder it's very little not much but u have to think of it ur using multiple apps making ur processor work more so u will definitely see a tiny bit but not enough not to use it:cool:

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
And about the battery lief using backgrounder it's very little not much but u have to think of it ur using multiple apps making ur processor work more so u will definitely see a tiny bit but not enough not to use it:cool:

Agreed, so long as you use common sense and don't run 15 apps all at once, battery life is going to be somewhat negligible compared to a vanilla iPad.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
So what does this do to the battery life? Like say I wanted to listen to wunderradio in the background while I surf the interwebs?

Anyone noticing a significant drop in battery life?

If you spent 15 minutes surfing and then 15 minutes listening to Wunderadio you'd use as much battery as if you did both simultaneously for 15 minutes. At least in my experience.

The Reason

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Update: Yes, leobadge is way off center and too small on the iPad, so I made my own. I uploaded it to this post so you guys can use it too. In order to get it to center I had to add about 6 pixels to the original png horizontally and 3 down. I remade the dot to be a tiny bit bigger as well. The result looks pretty good, but the bigger png size seems to have a minor side effect: a very slightly darker horizontal line also appears under the lower left part of the image. It is barely noticeable and I can't figure out why its there, it isn't in the png. I attached both my leobadge iPad edition as well as a screenshot.

Also I can't tell if its centered, ever. It's within one pixel of being centered. I moved it right one pixel and it looked too far right to me, so I moved it left and it looked too far left. I decided to stop being anal about it and upload it here. If anyone uses it/fixes it more/has a better solution, let me know!

:edit: the horizontal black line DOES seem to show up when the PNG is up here, but not in photoshop. Really odd. Working on it.

Thanks
what are you using to show the date in the menu bar ?

ScottyTehduh

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2010
Everytime i enable backgrounder while using installous and run another program, when i go to return to installous it isn't running!! very very frustrating when this happens 90% into a huge download...any ideas??

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Anyone else having problems with programs not staying backgrounded? In particular Atomic browser, I can background it, but most times when I go into other programs then exit back out Atomic browser is not backgrounded anymore. Huge pita as I lose where I was browsing, which is the whole point of the program.

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Everytime i enable backgrounder while using installous and run another program, when i go to return to installous it isn't running!! very very frustrating when this happens 90% into a huge download...any ideas??

Um, don't pirate apps and actually support the devs?

(or just download the app on your computer and sync via itunes)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.