Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And now there is an iOS app:

BTW … welcome this thread into 2021.

And by bacon, I assume that this thread also allows for the inclusion of such gustatory wonders as Iberico or Parma, or Serrano ham....

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Time to stock up.

Attachments

• Bacon Air Freshener.jpg
    Bacon Air Freshener.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Bacon Balm.jpg
    Bacon Balm.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Bacon Bandages 1.jpg
    Bacon Bandages 1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Bacon Bandages 2.jpg
    Bacon Bandages 2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 63

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
I happen to tune into America's Test Kitchen and they had just finished up their tests of some bacon brands. Now I like bacon once in awhile, I would pay $6-$8 per pound, they brand they liked was $28 per pound! What the hell can you do to bacon to make it worth $28 per pound?

• Wow
Reactions: 0128672

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I happen to tune into America's Test Kitchen and they had just finished up their tests of some bacon brands. Now I like bacon once in awhile, I would pay $6-$8 per pound, they brand they liked was $28 per pound! What the hell can you do to bacon to make it worth $28 per pound?

Bacon has actually seriously gone up in price over the past 6-8 weeks. For example, at our local Sam's Club, I used to be able to purchase 2 pounds of applewood smoked bacon for roughly $17, or $13 if it were on sale. At one warehouse, the current price for that same 2-pound package is $25, while at another, it is at $32.

And this has nothing to do with grass fed versus corn fed, etc. I don't know what's going on, but it is going on.

BL.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Dare you to put all of that on and go out on a safari. ?

The rhinos might treat me like a bacon-flavored bubble.

Bacon has actually seriously gone up in price over the past 6-8 weeks...

And this has nothing to do with grass fed versus corn fed, etc. I don't know what's going on, but it is going on.

It's a combination of a low supply (because production slowed during the pandemic and has yet to catch up again), new or upcoming restrictions on farmers, and possibly also price-fixing by the four largest meat-packing companies.

AimeeHogan

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2011
Harpswell, Maine USA
Oh! Bacon is everything! I don't know if there is anything that doesn't go with bacon. My son eats a bacon sandwich every day for breakfast at his school. He's a regular bacon fiend, and I love it! LOL!

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Ah, bacon, the ultimate health food. ;)

Nothing says that the bacon bandages (image above) has the same aromatic properties as the bacon air freshener. But, if they do, I'm sure that promotes faster healing. Wait for it...

It cures better! :D

• Haha
Reactions: millerj123

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Between my wife and I, I’d bet we have eaten less than a pound of bacon in the last 10 years. Really don’t like it. And that’s due to the fact it is greasy as hell and makes a mess any time you eat it.

JBGoode

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2018
Wow, a thread about bacon - I ate a whole package of 'real bacon bits' (meant for salad) standing in front of my fridge last night. I was looking for a snack and grabbed those to taste a couple and next thing you know......it was probably 3-4 strips worth. Delicious.

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Wow, a thread about bacon - I ate a whole package of 'real bacon bits' (meant for salad) standing in front of my fridge last night. I was looking for a snack and grabbed those to taste a couple and next thing you know......it was probably 3-4 strips worth. Delicious.
The package tells you what you ate. Maybe it won't say how many "strips" of bacon (thin sliced, thick?) but the sodium, cholesterol, etc. Delicious, for sure, also (obviously) not a healthy snack. Stop doing that! :eek:

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
The package tells you what you ate. Maybe it won't say how many "strips" of bacon (thin sliced, thick?) but the sodium, cholesterol, etc. Delicious, for sure, also (obviously) not a healthy snack. Stop doing that! :eek:
Honestly it would be better to fry up a few actual bacon strips rather than just chow down on that stuff. BTW "facon" (vegan bacon substitute) = no. Most fake meat is meh, I have tried a few that are quite tasty though.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.