Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yankees992013

Suspended
Dec 5, 2023
Rather large? I'd say! Wow, that's ridiculous. If they did that were I live, half the city would be unable to use the website, lol!
I been reading this post and looking for as to why Facebook does this recently. In the past Facebook never ban a user right after account creation raises questions as to possible aggressive anti-spam measures that targeting normal users. Does anyone has any insight to why Facebook doing this and what we can do to get the company which owned Facebook to stop doing this?

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I been reading this post and looking for as to why Facebook does this recently. In the past Facebook never ban a user right after account creation raises questions as to possible aggressive anti-spam measures that targeting normal users. Does anyone has any insight to why Facebook doing this and what we can do to get the company which owned Facebook to stop doing this?

I was able to get my account unlocked today by using my phone instead of me email account.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for getting kicked off a few years ago was using the Brave Browser with Tor IP redirection so that I couldn't be tracked.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

yankees992013

Suspended
Dec 5, 2023
I was able to get my account unlocked today by using my phone instead of me email account.

I'm pretty sure that the reason for getting kicked off a few years ago was using the Brave Browser with Tor IP redirection so that I couldn't be tracked.
My friend did a test and this is what happened right after account creation. This is becoming standard. As you see, there's nothing in facebook to warrant that action.

Attachments

• Screenshot_12.png
    Screenshot_12.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 58

rm5

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 4, 2022
United States
My friend did a test and this is what happened right after account creation. This is becoming standard. As you see, there's nothing in facebook to warrant that action.
Interesting to know that it might now be commonplace for this to happen. It's most definitely a bot doing the suspensions then...

Reactions: appleappleuser
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.