Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

santi1976

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2018
I currently have an Apple Watch 3 LTE (since Sept 2017) and battery life usually lasted over 2 days—I would usually charge the watch overnight, put on the watch around 6am and wear until 8-9pm and still have around 70% left. However, I downloaded the AutoSleep and HeartWatch apps a few days ago, and while I find the apps very useful, the battery life on my watch has taken a big hit. I am now finding myself having to charge it at least twice a day. And once it’s charged, it will usually go from 100% to 50% in less than half a day. Also, I now have to make sure it’s charged before I go to bed. If I fall asleep when the watch is at 100%, after 7-8 hours of sleep its down to 60%. When I first used the AutoSleep app, I would fall asleep at 100% and wake up 7-8 hours later and the watch would still be around 95%. Does anyone else have this battery drain issue with these apps? Do you have any tips as to what I can do to reduce battery drain?

TIA!

I having the same problem with AW4 and Autoslep. In 30 days I have suffered total drain battery in 2 days. It's a pity because the app is great, but it is too much risk, because I can't take my watch to carry for the entire day because neeed charge

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
I having the same problem with AW4 and Autoslep. In 30 days I have suffered total drain battery in 2 days. It's a pity because the app is great, but it is too much risk, because I can't take my watch to carry for the entire day because neeed charge

Mine took a big hit last night for some reason AW4. Went to bed with 80% and woke up with only 18% using Sleep Cycle and autoslep with the watch in Theater mode.

Mobster1983

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2011
This thread resurrection remindede about autosleep after I haven't used it for several months. Used it last night on my AW S0 and battery went from 100% to 84% overnight. No idea why some are getting such bad battery life.

SunnyFL

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Went from 100 down to 34 last night. I am not sure if it's Autosleep or SleepCyvle.

parameter

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2004
Arizona
Just curious if anyone has any newer experience with AutoSleep on Watch OS 9? Especially on a Watch 8.

I'd like to use it but am worried about battery drain, mainly on my watch. But also, does it still eat up background battery 24/7 on your iPhone?

Just wondering, if anyone still watches this thread. Thanks!

prss14

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2009
Kentucky
Just curious if anyone has any newer experience with AutoSleep on Watch OS 9? Especially on a Watch 8.

I'd like to use it but am worried about battery drain, mainly on my watch. But also, does it still eat up background battery 24/7 on your iPhone?

Just wondering, if anyone still watches this thread. Thanks!
The app on the iPhone is just analyzing the data that your Watch collects if you wear the watch while you sleep. For me it doesn't really use any battery. If you put it in theater mode while you sleep that saves more battery than anything else for me as far as watch battery goes.

Reactions: parameter
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.